Chapter Six

Eve struggled against Adrianna's pull on her and finally broke her death grip.

"Adrianna, what in God's green earth?!" She announced, hunching over to catch her breath.

"I'm sorry Princess Eve, but we must leave, right now!" She was frantic.

"No!" Eve stomped her feet. "I haven't seen Mark yet and I'm not leaving until I do!" She folded her arms.

"Princess Eve, wait!" They both turned at the sound of the voice. "Wait, please!"

"Mark!" Eve caught her breath.

Adrianna straightened as he approached, smoothening her gown and trying to look brave.

"Adrianna, leave us!" She commanded Eve.

Eve turned to look at her, obviously insulted. Mark came to a stop in front of both women. His eyes caught Eve and he smiled.

"Adrianna" He addressed Eve.

"Adrianna, leave us!" Adrianna faced Eve, her voice taking on a commanding tone.

"What, no!" Eve protested. Mark looked confused.

"Such a stubborn slave!" Adrianna dragged Eve's hand and pulled her close. "You are my slave and you must obey me. Remember that or we'll be forced to tell Mark the truth which is the fact that you are a liar" She whispered.

Eve nodded and turned to walk away.

"Adrianna!" Mark called after Eve.

"Is there a reason you chased me down?" Adrianna addressed him as Eve walked away.

"Adrianna, your servant, we met some time ago. I just thought you would let me have a word with her"

"Tell me, Mark, would you let me have a word with a slave of your household?"

"Mark? I don't recall introducing myself" He was surprised.

Oops! "No, you didn't. I must leave. And..." She turned to face him. "You will leave my slave alone!" She announced as she faced the road and walked away.

Author's note:

Short chapter, I'm sorry. But I'm glad you are following. Please remember to vote and leave a comment.