Chapter Twenty Two

Raphael tried his very best to get the liquid lodged in his lungs, out. He could not be certain if what plagued him was the liquid choking him or his cousin's absurd news.

Celin! Celin for heaven's sake! Mark had gone mad, absolutely mad and if he per chance had it in mind that his madness would be allowed to bloom into something that would eventually ruin Graceland, he was mistaken.

After a few minutes of laboured coughing, he had gained control of the coughing and had managed to get everything out.

“Are you alright?” Mark asked, weary, green eyes staring at him.

“Like you care” He hissed as he waved him off.

“Don't be ridiculous, Raphael” He thought he heard a tinge of hurt in his voice.

“The kingdom of Celin, Mark! Surely you must have gone mad in Greece” Raphael rose to his feet and made for the door. He had nothing more to say to Mark and he had to retreat in order to fully grasp the implications of Mark's words. 

“I do not see how the woman I love is of any concern to you” Mark said calmly.

None of my concern?! Really, how can you even conceive such rubbish?! He swallowed the words instead and turned to face his cousin.

“No? Would it suffice to say her father killed my father?!” He walked menacingly towards Mark and pointed a finger at him. “I am warning you, Mark. You will not betray me like this by bringing that wench to this kingdom. Frankly, I would rather be burned upside down on a stake than have a daughter of Celin rule over my kingdom” He glared at him.

“Your Kingdom? Last I checked, Raphael, the kingdom was mine, not yours and I did not seek out your opinion about Eve”

“If you insist on this foolishness, this kingdom might slip out of your grasp. I will not stand for this.” He stomped his foot and turned to face the door one more time.

“What are you saying, Raphael?”

He stopped in his tracks and turned to face Mark. “I am saying, you are about to lose your place as king and your love for this fowl princess will ensure that this happens” He turned sharply away and strolled out the door.

Once in the hall way, he tried to regain control of his breathing. All these months, he had ruled Graceland and had done a pretty good job in the process. Where was Mark?! Mark did not deserve Graceland, hell, he did not even want it for by falling in love with a daughter of Celin, he was turning his back on Graceland.

Raphael was the one who deserved to be king. He had worked for it and he had earned it.

He stopped in his tracks, a smile playing at the corners of his lips. Perhaps Mark falling in love with the princess of Celin would be of advantage to Raphael. Perhaps, now the Royal kings men will see what Raphael had been trying for many months to show them; Mark was undeserving of the throne of Graceland.

****

Mark could not be more shocked as he stood in the study. His mother had been right, Raphael must have been planning this for months.

But was it even possible? It was unheard of, the throne was his birth right, there was no doubt about it. What could Raphael possibly do to cause him to lose it?

“Alex” He called for Alex who stood by the entry way.

Alex large frame reappeared as he made his way towards him and bowed his head.

“Your majesty” 

“Do you have any idea what Raphael could have meant when he said I could lose the throne?”