Chapter Seven

Eve sat crossed legged on the stool, Adrianna on her knees before her. She folded her hands and looked away; she was irritated by Adrianna. Oh, her arrogant nerves! How dare she command her, a princess, to 'leave us?!' And in front of Mark! She had the nerves to belittle Eve in front of Mark. Surely, she couldn't let Adrianna go unpunished. She had to deal with her, she just had to.

Just then, a knock sounded on the door.

"Don't just kneel there, get the door!" She hissed as Adrianna scrambled to her feet and ran to the door.

Pulling it open, a massively built man stood there, his features saying nothing about who he was or what he wanted.

"Who are you?" Adrianna asked.

"I'm Alex. My master sent me to seek out your Princess, Eve. Is this a good time?"

At the sound of her name, Eve's interest was piqued. She stood up and made her way towards the man.

"Who sent you?" She asked.

"Master Mark" He answered.

Mark! Mark had found her! She glanced at Adrianna who held the door open.

"Princess Eve, Master Mark has sent his servant to find me. Please let me go to him. I promise, I won't be long" Eve faced Adrianna, her words pleading but her eyes daring her to say no. Adrianna nodded and went back into the room. "Let's go, then" Eve said, as she turned and walked out the door, Alex in tow.

****

Mark sat in his little garden, his eyes scanning the documentation of Aristotle's philosophical findings. He was so engrossed in what he was reading, he didn't hear anyone approach until he felt a soft touch on his arm. He glanced up. Adrianna stood before him, her beautiful brown eyes, smiling down at him.

"Adrianna" He whispered, stunned.

"Your servant, Alex, he convinced my Mistress to let me come. You seem surprised" She said, settling beside him. For a slave, Adrianna was bold and confident. Her touch was soft, not hardened like someone who was used to hard work. Her purple gown fitted her frame so perfectly, she almost appeared to be a Princess.

"I am. I had no idea Alex had gone to find you"

She laughed. "So, this is a surprise?"

"It is" He smiled at her. "But I'm trilled"

"Tell me" She leaned back on the garden bench and leaned her head on his shoulder. "Why did you try so hard to speak with me the other night?" He could tell she had a smile on her face even if he couldn't see her face.

"For starters, I have never met a slave like you. You are bold, friendly, full of humour plus you talk a lot"

"You forgot beautiful!" She laughed, raising her head up to look at him.

He stared at her. Of course she was beautiful. Saying so would be stating the obvious. Adrianna had the type of beauty that was hard to miss. Her fiery red hair stood out in any crowd. Her physique and her gait reminded him too much of a royal. Her eyes; he had never seen anything like it. It held so much goodness and kindness in it.

"Adrianna, how does your princess deal with you?!" He teased. Rising up from the bench, he held out his hand to her. She took it and rested her hand on the crook of his arm; exactly like a princess. "Princess Eve said you are from Celin?" He asked as they took a walk in the garden, Alex maintaining a respectable distance behind them.

"My Princess is from Celin. I'm her slave, does it matter where I'm from?"

"What is the Princess of Celin doing so far away from home?"

"Adventure!" She announced with enthusiasm and he chuckled. "Where are you from?"

"I'm a simple man, Adrianna, does it matter where I'm from?" He asked, a smile playing at the corner of his lips.

"I guess not."

"Adrianna, will you have lunch with me?"

"Mark, I thought you'd never ask" She grinned.

Author's note:

I'm glad too that they finally met. Phew! Please remember to vote and or leave a comment, that's up to you. And, it would be nice if you could point out typos in the story. It would help a lot with the editing cause I haven't done much of that.