Chapter Seven

AUDREY'S P.O.V.
"Its W.I.C.K.E.D. They lied to us. We never escaped. Me and Aris- we found bodies. Too many to count" Thomas explained and gestured towards the dark haired boy.
"What do you mean?" Chuck asked
"like dead bodies?" Minho added
"No," Thomas replied "but they weren't alive either. They were strung up with tubes coming out of them. They were being drained. There's something inside of us that W.I.C.K.E.D. wants. It's in our blood. We need to get as far away from Them as possible."
Newt nodded "Okay so what's the plan?" he asked processing the information. Thomas didn't say anything and shrugged. "You don't have a plan?"
"No but" Thomas began
"We followed you out here thomas! And now your saying you don't have a plan! You know some of us have families we would like to protect!"
"I know but we couldn't stay there." Thomas argued back.
"Then where are we supposed to go?" I asked him.
"Janson said something about people hiding in the mountains. Some kind of resistance." Aris said
"People?" I said
"In the mountains?" Newt finished
I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I looked at Thomas.
"Mountain people?"
"That's your plan?" Newt asked him
"It's all we have." Thomas retorted.
"Hey Minho?" Winston called out from somewhere in the dark room we were standing in. "Do you have a light?"
"Uh..." Minho slipped a small back pack that he was wearing off and searched through it. He pulled something out and flicked a small light on. "Yeah."
"Give me it." Minho shined the light at Winston who was crouched on the ground a few feet away. There were clear footprints in the dirt that walked into the darkness
"Someone's been down here."
We decided to follow the prints. We found a gated off room that looked like it was full of supplies. The boys lifted the gate and we all walked in. Inside there were containers that looked like they were used for water scattered everywhere and laying in tables were piles of old clothes. I walked up to a table and picked up an old red scarf. It was dirty and filled with holes. As I picked it up a spider fell out of it. I gasped and jumped back into Minho. He grabbed me from behind by my shoulders.
"What happened?" he asked and I shook my head.
"Nothing. It's nothing." I said quickly trying to avoid the fact that a spider that was no more than a centimeter in diameter freaked the klunk out of me.
Thomas walked up to the table and picked up an old brown jacket. He shook it out and shrugged it onto his shoulders.
"Let's pick some of this stuff up." he said "split up and meet back here."
"Good that." Newt said.
Thomas turned to go out the door but before he could Minho picked up two old flashlights and tossed one at Thomas. Minho quickly kissed me and began to walk off. "I'll be right back" he told me and I nodded.
I turned and walked over to Newt who was opening containers looking for water. I began helping. A loud gasp came from the back of the room behind me. I spun while still kneeling and Newt jumped up in front of me and aimed his flashlight. The light showed Teresa staring at something behind a wall.
"You alright?" Newt called
"I'm fine" she said "uh... There are some girls clothes back here Audrey."
"Okay..." I stood up and walked over. I turned around a small wall to come face to face with a person. I was about to scream when Teresa put her hand over my mouth.
"It's not real. I thought the same thing" she said. I looked the figure up and down and realised it was in fact just a mannequin.
"That scared the shit out of me." I said clutching my chest. I stood up straight and walked over to the table with the clothes. I picked up an old tank top and a pair of faded jeans. I changed into them behind the wall and Teresa did the same. I grabbed a thick white sweater and put it into a dusty bag I found lying on the ground. I didn't know how cold this place was. I also picked up a scarf that was in the shape of a circle. It was a beige color but I could tell it didn't start out like that. It was frayed and worn but I remembered how the wind blew the sand into my face. The scarf could definitely block the sand. I put it in the bag.
"Who do you think lived here?" I asked Teresa quietly while looking around at the many children's toys. I bent down and picked up a small bear that was missing a leg, ear, and an eye. "I mean children used to play right here."
"Yeah," Teresa said nodding and looking around. She was sitting on a small cot with her hands tucked into her lap. "It's hard to believe."
"Audrey, Teresa?" Newt called coming around the small wall. "Frypan, Chuck, Winston, Aris, and I are gonna go walk around a bit and see what we find. You comin with?"
"Yeah lets go." I said and all of us walked out the gate that we had entered earlier.
We found more clothes in piles in a small dark room. I grabbed a brown jacket that looked like an old leather material. I tried it on and it was small, but I still took it with. When we were done we went into an area just outside of the room. We stopped so we could shove all of our things into bags.
"Which way should we go now?" Chuck asked while putting his bag on his shoulders.
"I say we-" Newt began only to be cut off by someone screaming. I turned around and saw Minho and Thomas. They were running and yelling. Behind them were people chasing them. Or at least I thought they were people.
"Bloody hell-" I started but stopped when I realized the people weren't people. They looked dead but they were moving. All of the veins in their bodies were sticking out and their mouths were basically just black holes in their heads.
Minho and Thomas grew closer and when he could reach me Minho grabbed my hand and dragged me behind him making me spin around and trip with every step.
All of us ran for our lives through the building we were in. We went up stair cases and through doors until a shattering sound came from behind us. I turned my head and saw Newt with one of the zombie like creatures choking him. Right on my heels was another. In the split second I turned my head I tripped over Minho's foot and fell right in front of the thing chasing me.