Chapter Nineteen

AUDREY'S P.O.V.
"We are going to have to shoot" Jorge told us quietly as we all ducked behind an old dumpster. There were WICKED guards patrolling the street in front of us blocking where we needed to go. The house was just down the road according to the older man.
"The second we shoot at those guards all of WICKED will know where we are." Newt added as he crouched back down after looking over the dumpster.
"Just shoot fast enough and all will be fine," and with that Jorge readied his weapon and fired. The small capsule shot our of the barrel and exploded in electric bolts on the nearest guards chest. The boys quickly began to fire at the other guards, most of them missing. Teresa and I threw them extra electric grenades when needed and we watched each guard go down in a matter of minutes. None of the guards had a chance to tell anyone our location.
Once everyone had stopped shooting Chuck spoke up, "Are they... dead?"
"Possibly," Jorge shrugged, "let's move. We need to get to Marcus if you kids want to make it to the Right Arm"
"Then let's go," Minho said taking my hand. We stood and began to jog with everyone else as we passed the guards laying on the ground. Some were still twitching but others were completely still.
"I would hate to get shot with one of these," Minho muttered to me as he made a gesture towards his launcher. I nodded in agreement.
At the corner of the street we turned and came to a stop. In front of us was a large mansion looking house. There were at least three stories with balconies on each one going the length of the house. Loud music blared and people dressed in ridiculous costumes hung around everywhere we looked. We walked onto the wrap around porch until we reached an entrance.
"This is a great party!" Some girl around my age slurred out and she stumbled through the curtained doorway. Minho and I stopped in our tracks and stared at her as she promptly fell flat onto the ground in front of us.
"Yeah seems fun," I mumbled to Newt who was next to me as we walked around her.
"Have another drink while your at it!" An older looking man called to someone through the door. He laughed as he turned around  only to almost run into Jorge. His smile faded but he quickly faked one again.
"Marcus," Jorge said looking down at him, "it's been a long time, hermano."
"Jorge!" The man, Marcus, said and his smile faded slightly again. He swallowed like he was afraid. "What brings you by on this wonderful day? Here for a little fun?" The man eyed the rest of our group.
"Where is Brenda?" Jorge asked
"Who, exactly, is Brenda?"
"You know her, I know you do," Jorge replied, "and she must be here somewhere."
"Well..." he said "she might be around but I don't recall seeing her-"
"Bullshit!" Jorge yelled as he grabbed Marcus's collar and slammed him against the wall. I jumped at his sudden outburst and cringed when Jorges fist slammed into the side of Marcus's face causing him to go limp. Jorge dropped him and angrily walked through the curtained door. We all followed glancing down and the unconscious body of Marcus.
"Thomas!" Teresa called out as she began running towards the boy. He stumbled and collapsed onto the ground as she reached him. We all followed and pushed people out of the way.
"Is he okay?" Chuck asked lifting Thomas' arm and letting it go limp as it fell back to the ground.
"He was probably drugged." Jorge said "We need to clear the place out and find Brenda. Then we can deal with Marcus."