Chapter Eighteen

AUDREY'S P.O.V.
"Hold on, hold on," Minho told me reaching over the railing. He had wasted no time jumping down the flight of stairs that separated us. He reached over the railing and grabbed my free hand. Newt appeared and grabbed the wrist of the hand holding onto the railing. I let go and held his hand tightly as they both lifted me up.
"We got you, Aud." Newt told me as they both pulled me over the railing.
"Could you not almost die for two bloody seconds?" Newt joked
"I'll try harder from now on," I told him as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders.
"Yeah, we can't be saving you all the time we've got other things we've gotta do." Frypan said ruffling my hair. I pushed his hand away.
"Let's go," Jorge said pushing through the group and continuing down the rest of the stairs. "We don't have all day"
With that we continued on our way. Once reaching the ground Jorge guided us to the back of the building. Above us a helicopter flew, shining lights into the windows.
"We need to move soon or we'll get caught." Jorge said
"How? There's no way we are getting past the guards without getting caught!" Newt replied.
"How good are you boys with guns?" Jorge asked
Teresa and I looked at each other asking eachother the same question.
"What do we do exactly? Sit here and look pretty?" I asked
"Well considering you were just dangling off the side of the building I would rather not give you a weapon," the man told me and walked to a small door in the ground. The tiny door was maybe 2 foot by 2 foot. It looked like a small cellar but once the door was open there were shelves where rows of machine guns lined the walls. A pile of ammunition was just thrown into the middle of the floor. "But you are both small enough to fit through this door."
Teresa and I gave each other a look again but she shrugged and began to walk towards the hole. After she jumped in I followed. Once through the door the room opened up slightly and we could stand shoulder to shoulder next to the mountian of ammunition boxes.
"So what are we getting?" I called up. All of the boys faces could be seen looking down at us.
"Top shelf. Grab enough for everyone and toss them up."
I reached up and grab the long narrow gun off of the shelf and examined it.
"What kind of guns are these?" Teresa asked looking at it.
"They are called launchers. Those boxes are filled with electic capsules. You don't want to get hit by one."
"Noted," I said throwing the launcher up to one of the boys. Teresa began tossing the boxes up as I grabbed more guns and gave them to the boys.
"That should be enough," Jorge said after a few minutes. Looking up all of the boys were busy loading their launchers and we couldn't see them.
"How do we get out now?" Teresa asked me
"No clue," I replied, "someone give us a hand?"
When no one replied I sighed.
"Hello?" Teresa yelled, "We're stuck in a hole!"
"Here grab my hand," Aris said reaching down. Him apparently being the only one to hear us. I raised my eyebrows at Teresa but he was our only option since the others were occupied with their newly acquired guns. I have a great brother and boyfriend, don't I?
"I guess I'll go first then," Teresa said reaching for Aris's hand. He lifted her out without any problem and then reached for me. Hesitantly I grabbed his hand and was swiftly lifted until I was standing above ground.
"Thanks," I told him, "you're apparently the only one who can pay attention"
"Yeah thanks so much guys we really appreciate it!" Teresa yelled to the others.
Newt turned guiltily and gave a small smile. "Sorry?"
I rolled my eyes and turned to Jorge who was handing a gun to Chuck.
"Oh no," I said walking over and taking it,"you are too young for this."
"I'm also too young to be running through a desert full of zombies while being hunted by WICKED."
"You are not getting a gun," I stated
"It's not even a gun-" he started
"Either way it's dangerous,"
"Come on Aud, just let him shoot a couple people," Minho cut in.
"H6es way too young to be shooting anything!"
"Let the kid have some fun" Minho said shaking Chuck's shoulders
"This isn't fun Minho and you know it," I said
"You three sound like an old married couple and their kid." Newt said, "I don't like it. I don't need little Minhos running around and I definitely don't need my little sister with one l anytime soon."
"Newt!" I exclaimed.
"You also don't need a gun either." Newt said taking it out of my hand. He tossed it back into the cellar and kicked the door back closed. "There, problem solved."
"Good," Jorge said readying his own launcher, "Now, let's get this over with."