Chapter Twenty-Four

AUDREY'S P.O.V
I went to Newt who stood over a box labeled 'Girls'.
"I doubt you'll find anything for you in there" I told him motioning to the writing on the outside. He looked and groaned before pushing the box away and grabbing a different one. "I have a question."
"What is it?" He asked looking up. And leaned back sitting on his heels. I sat down in front of him.
"That girl? Sonya? Do you think she looks kind of..." I started but didnt know how to finish.
"Familiar? Yeah she does." He told me "she reminds me of you a little bit."
"How?"
"I dunno... she just moves the same way you do, like you have the same walk. It's strange I know. And you guys have similar eyes and stuff."
I shook my head "it's not that, it's something else for me. I feel like I knew her. And you do too."
"How do you think?"
"Have you had memories? Or dreams? From before all of this and our lives before WICKED and the maze?"
"I don't know if they're real" he replied sitting all the way in the ground.
"But you've had them?" I pushed and he nodded. "What have you remembered?"
"Just images. Almost like pictures," he thought outloud,"I know I was little in some of them, and a lot of it was in this room but I dont know where."
"A basement? With stairs and the mattress in the corner?"
"Yeah," he said, "do you remember?"
"Yeah," I said,"at least kind of. I remember you and I think our parents."
Newt sucked in a breath and held it for a while. Then he look at the ground. "I wish I could remember them."
"Newt," I said and he looked up. "Do you remember me from back then?"
"I think so," he said,"but I don't know if it really was you. Some of the things I remember I feel like I know for sure it was you, but other things I've seen dont."
"Newt I remember a lot," I began, "I remember you, and I remember our parents, and I think I remember someone else being with us in that basement."
"Who?"
"I think our sister."