Chapter Eight

AUDREY'S P.O.V.
Minho whipped his head around as I landed on the ground on my stomach. I rolled over and The monster chasing us began to come towards me. I quickly crawled backwards as fast as possible.
"Audrey!" Minho yelled. He ran up and pulled me up by my arm.
Minho took his bag off of his shoulders. He pushed me behind him then swung the bag at the zombies head. It fell to the ground and landed with a thud. The hit only knocked him to the ground, but the thing continued to move. It rolled on the ground like it didn't know how to stand up.
A yell came from behind us. I spun on my heel and saw my brother. Newt was on his back fighting another zombie. Newt had his hands on it's chest trying to push it away. He struggled as the zombie attempted to strangle him.
"Newt!" I yelled as the monster began to choke him. I tried to run to him but Minho stopped me.
"Thomas be careful!" he yelled out. I look at Thomas and saw that he was running at the thing attacking Newt. He kicked the zombie through a railing where it fell to the floor beneath. I ran forward and grabbed newts arm yanking him up.
"Lets go!" I told him.
"Thanks tommy!" Newt called behind him.
We ran down hallways that seemed to be getting tighter and tighter. A group of zombies continued to follow us. Down one long hallway we reached a dead end. To the left there were three doors. I ran up to one and pushed it only to find that it was locked.
"This one!" Thomas announced. He looked to the biggest and strongest member is our group. "Frypan get this open!" 
Frypan began to throw himself into the door. It budged but not enough. I looked at the way we had come to see a group of the zombies running at us.
"They're coming!" Chuck yelled
"I'll hold them off!" Winston told us and grabbed the gun he had taken from W.I.C.K.E.D. He stood in the door firing shots at the small vicious crowd while we cheered for Frypan nervously with every hit the lock in the door gave way only a little.
"Get the door open!" Winston yelled over his shoulder. I looked and saw the zombies were getting closer. Frypan backed up to the other side of the small room and threw himself forward. The door opened. The rest of us followed him out. Minho pushed me before him and I ran out of the room. I heard yells from behind me and realized one person didn't make it.
Winston was half in the door half out. Aris and Newt each had one of his arms. Minho and Thomas ran forward to try and keep the door from opening all the way. Chuck and I darted to help stop the door from opening and Frypan helped Get Winston. Once he was free Frypan and Newt began to drag Winston away.
"Audrey, Chuck go!" Minho yelled
"We're right behind you!" Thomas added. I quickly grabbed chucks hand and pulled him away from the door. I watched over my shoulder as Minho began to dash towards us and Thomas a few seconds later. We kept running as fast as we could. All of us caught up to the others quickly as they were all trying to help Winston.
We ran over piles of rubble until we found ourselves outside. The ground was covered in rocks and debris from what looked like a part of the building that had collapsed.
"Everybody under here!" Thomas whispered. It was dark so the monsters couldn't see us But we didn't want them to hear us either. I looked to where Thomas' voice came from to find the small glow of a flash light shining into a makeshift cave in the side of a mountain of fallen cement. I crawled in and found a spot next to Minho in the cramped space. We all scrambled to turn off our flashlights before the zombies caught up to us. I could hear their wails and cries coming from above us as they came closer. I took a deep breathe trying to calm my nerves but it didn't help. Minho noticed and took my hand. He pulled me closer which calmed me down enough to fall asleep.