Reality

The day started out brightly as it had always been. I placed the tea bag into the hot steamy water of my tea cup which was sitting next to an open Stephen King novel. This had been day two of the four days that I was off in a row. Our company had just closed a huge deal, and my boss decided that I needed a bit of R & R.

There was a spot next to the window overlooking the busy city streets that were my favorite. I wondered what Mr. Hale had been doing at this exact moment. "Forget about him," I whispered to myself.

Even though deep in my mind I pictured him working diligently on his project. There was something about his focus that just kept me interested. Anyone looking from the outside in would scold me to get over him, but how could I?

There was so much dedicated to this man. So many hours I spent working and uncovering his personality. He said he loved me. People lie all the time, but Mr. Hale. I would have hardly thought he was the type to blatantly lie to someone.

Sqiggles was finally coming around to my attachment issues. Now he was more fond to cuddling and enjoyed the aroma of treats. I watch Sqiggle nudge his head into the carpet and around in circles all-around his chubby body.

"You are so adorable, Sqiggs," I smile slightly as he barks softly.

All this lounging around almost made me forget to check my email. I waltz over my laptop and boot it on. "Let's see..." I scroll around the internet and type in the info needed.

There's an email from my boss, Mr. Vasquez.

From: Jeremy Vasquez
To: Ellie Donovan
Date: January 10, 2017 8:30 PM
Subject: IMPORTANT PROJECT!!!

There is an important project that will be proposed upon your arrival back at work. The company is partnering with a local telecommunications company. We are partnering together to work on the construction of Landon Inc. where their primary focus is on health care through communities where health care is difficult to obtain. There will be more information to be gathered and shared.

President Vasquez, Jeremy of Array Digital

I skim over the email glancing at the most crucial sentences. I do admire working with Mr. Vasquez for his general emails where there are fair warnings ahead. The only part that seemed to trouble me was the "telecommunications" company. I knew there had been many other telecommunications company, but a certain feeling in my gut was telling me otherwise.

From: Ellie Donovan
To: Jeremy Vasquez
Date: January 10, 2017 8:35 PM
Subject: Re: IMPORTANT PROJECT!!!

Thanks for the heads up Mr. Vasquez!

Do you know any information about the following telecommunications company that we are supposed to be partnering with on this new project? I'd like to do some more research about the following company so that I can be well aware and better prepared.

Assist. Donovan of A.D.

I send the email preparing for the worse. Even though there could have been hundreds of other companies in which Mr. Vasquez could have chosen. I know that Mr. Hale can be very persuasive and persistent. I would not have been surprised if somehow Mr. Hale could have gotten involved with the matter.

There's a ping indicating that I had received a new email. The capital letters in bold indicated the worse.

From: Jeremy Vasquez
To: Ellie Donovan
Date: January 10, 2017 8:44 PM
Subject: H A L E