Yes

"I've been thinking about working from home for a little while. Just until things get settled at the office. I would like a smooth transition into managing the company here."

"Umm, yeah that sounds like a good idea. Are you asking me for my opinion?"

"Uh. I guess I am," there's a sly smile forming across his face as if he's surprised himself to be

I like this side of Xander. The asking of my opinion on a decision solely based on his options. "Well, I think you should do whatever is best for you."

The progress of our relationship was becoming more surreal as time went on. It had been a few weeks since the decision had been made to relocate to Seattle. I was becoming more anxious as things started to slowly change. There had been boxes in Xander's place taking more space than there was oxygen. Xander and I both were making phone calls back and forth about the moving preparations. It wasn't like Xander had as much sentimental valued things to pack, but there had been a ton of paperwork in filing boxes piled high enough to make the entire city of New York.

If that wasn't hectic enough even I had to go back to my apartment which seemed foreign since I hardly spent time in it. I could have saved more money elsewhere. It felt weird being in my place. My dog Squiggles barely saw me. I was going to miss his darling face but since I didn't mention having a dog to Xander I figured another family would enjoy his company. Squiggles deserved a family that would give him the attention he wanted and clearly needed.

To limit the confusion I had been staying with Xander for the last week. It was comfortable waking up knowing that Xander had either been in his study, working out, or in the office. I even had some time to prepare Mr. Vasquez for his next secretary although he had been weary about the plans to relocate. I didn't want to disclose to much information about Xander and I. However, Mr. Vasquez has always been a very accommodating and understanding boss.

Xander walks into the kitchen while I am preparing us both sandwiches.

"Mmmm... it smells delicious in here," he states.

"I made us sandwiches," I announce. "And from the banter I heard while you were in the study seems like someone was a tinsy bit hangry." I joke.

My hands glance over the sandwich applying the slightest pressure to split it down the middle with a knife. It definitely looked delicious as well. The freshest sliced ham, with light mayo, lettuce, tomato, and cheese placed between bread and presented on a plate along with some grapes and slices of apples. I slide the sandwich across the island to Xander who cannot take his eyes off the plate.

I chuckle slightly.

"Enj-,"

Before I can finish my sentence there is a ring at the doorbell that startles us both in the midst of our conversation. I wonder who could that be as Xander is not one to have guests. I don't think Xander even expected any guests this early in the day.

He takes a few strides over to the door peeping through the hole.

"Xander Isaac Messen Hale," a stern voice calls to him.

His mother?

My face shifts to utter abruptness as I am leaning over the island in one of Xander's white t-shirts and panties. I glance over at the clock on his stove and read the time.

10:57am

I figured it was too late to run into his room to make myself more appropriate. Xander and his parents waltz into the kitchen where our faces meet one another. My face flustered from the sheer embarrassment. Fuck. That's all I can muster in my head as I wasn't prepared for the unexpected meeting.