Always

A few months later...

The move to Seattle was seamlessly. Most of the credit belonged to Xander leading the plans all the way through. He wouldn't as even much let me unpack a thing. The skyscrapers lining the horizon just like that or New York was our view. If that wasn't satisfying enough Xander picked one of the most exquisite condominiums in downtown Seattle. We had an entire floor to ourselves. I didn't even want to fathom the amount of money it was to purchase it.

We took some time to explore some parts of the city in between trying to settle into his new company. Xander's work ethic was scarily exemplary. I admired watching him from the couch in our living room as he would pace back and forth on the phone for hours. The way he projected his voice when speaking direct to people would turn me on sometimes. I would have hated to be on the other end of that phone trying.

Even when he'd talk to me I could feel the intimidation in the tone of his voice rolling down my body. I could feel the goosebumps start to surface on my skin. I wanted him all the time which made it difficult when he was away for hours out the day. The main focus was making sure that the company was up and running in a timely manner. The amount of man power it took to run that company was astronomical. I had a chance to look at a list of employees he managed once and I felt the need to be that much more patient when it came to him being frustrated.

Now that I had my degree and having more experience in the business I was able to find suitable work. Not just being another secretary under someone else. It was time that I was taken more seriously this time around. I was going to be Ellie Donovan the Marketing Manager for a company of my choosing. Everything seemed to be falling into place just the way I wanted it to.

 Everything seemed to be falling into place just the way I wanted it to

The study was eerily silent without Xander around. The chestnut wooden stained floor making my footsteps echo as I approach the desk. A yellow sticky note placed next to my keyboard with the words I love you scribbled on it made me smile. I glance out the window to the commotion down below. Vehicle headlights surrounding multiple areas looked like stars in the distance. I turn my attention towards the clock on my desk that read 7:17am.

It was early Monday morning.

The sun hadn't even shine through the clouds once. It rained more often here than Florida or even New York for that matter. It would take some getting use to. I sigh softly rolling my chair from underneath the desk and planting in it.

I hover the mouse over my emails that were going to eat away hours of my life as I needed to start stamping my name to make a good impression as any. I had been the marketing manager at a Jet Parts Engineering company. It felt good e-signing documents as that instead of secretary under someone else. Xander even offered me to work at his company which I delightfully declined.

"Speak of the devil," I say.

An email of Xander pops up on my screen.

From: Hale Inc.