Perhaps...?

Over the course of a few days, Mr. Vasquez and I worked closely with Mr. Hale and his team. I wasn't particularly surprised to see an attractive blue-eyed, long-legged, well-dressed brunette by his side sorting through his documents. I had been tempted to approach him and survey his new secretary, but I had to keep this mature facade up just long enough to make sure this project had gone according to everyone's expectations.

There had been once or twice where I could look up and catch Mr. Hale's lips move slowly as he was discussing and suggesting a few things. I couldn't help but twirl the eraser of the pencil along my lower lip. Banks is smoothly singing through my ear and my thoughts have finally lead me to daydream about the impossible.

The rain droplets slide down the window pane as I watch the traffic moving in slow motion. I'm in the security of his warm button up shirt that goes underneath his blazer. He sleeps silently and peacefully on the bed. The white sheets are only covering his lower half, but his right leg sticks out from the blanket.

He's beautiful. The way his veins make a road map down his leg. Well equipped and in shape. I cannot help myself but trace his veins with my fingers up towards his thighs. The way his dirty blonde hair sits over his eyes makes him more attractive. Picasso and Da Vinci would have been jealous of this man's figure and perfectly sculpted v-shaped abs right above his pelvis.

I plant myself right on his pelvis enough to admire his beauty from a distance, but still so near. His beard makes him have that certain masculine look. At first, I wasn't too keen on him with facial hair, but it does make me quiver with excitement. Then his eyes slowly open and his unforgettable long lashes bat at me.

Those unnerving eyes were surprisingly a very light grayish hue of blue around his iris. At one point even his eyes were hazel. "Well hello, Miss Donno- I mean Mrs. Hale," he greets me.

"Why are men blessed with such beautiful lashes I will never know..." I groan smiling at him.

In between my reverie, everyone had disappeared. "What the..?" I scratch my head removing the ear bud from my ear. "I have got to get myself under control."

"I assume you are exhausted after so much work," she says softly.

I turn my head to see Mr. Hale's secretary gathering up the remainder of the paperwork that had been scattered along the conference table.

For a moment I do not know what to say then I finally figure it was time for me to be the civil adult I know I can be. "Well, working for these million and billion dollar companies it's very... demanding.." I answer honestly.

"Caroline," she says sticking out her hand.

I take her hand in mine feeling her soft and smooth skin. My hands must feel rugged compared to hers. "Ellie," I reply.

"Mr. Hale has informed me about your performance at his company,"

I'm sure he has. I can't help but think to myself. Mr. Hale puts almost everything on a plinth. It was very in his nature to give credit. I admired him for that. His cocky nature could have been overlooked.

"I would have hoped I left in his good graces. Between you and me I think there's something more to his intimidating facade," I whisper.

"I do as well," she smiles to herself. "He's been very kind to me despite the many times I have made a mistake."

I grab my hair with one hand and wrap a hair tie around my hair. This ponytail wouldn't last an hour at the most. "I'm sure you will get the hang of it," I reassure her.