Promise Me

This morning felt different than usual. It felt promising in a way that would bring some sort of enlightenment to our recent escapades that have befallen us so suddenly. Xander is sleeping peacefully next to me. It's silent enough to hear the air escape from his mouth. I hear a rough sound flow from his lips. He snores. How cute.

While sleeping beast slumbered peacefully I make my way into the pristine kitchen. I decide to whip up a favorite childhood breakfast meal of mine to bring him into my world. It reminded me of Saturday mornings when we would wake up and mother would be concocting some paradise in the kitchen. I wondered what kind of food he might have lingering around.

I find myself  browsing through various cabinets before stumbling upon some pancake mix. "Ahh.. yes!" The inner child in me dances with joy. "Now if I could find some chocolate chips. We will be back in business!" The kitchen seemed just about endless. When I finally stumble upon a bag of chocolate chips stuffed at the back of the pantry adjacent to the kitchen.

"Ahh... I see someone cheats on their diet from time to time."

The way that I saw Xander who was well fit beyond comprehension it kind of caught me off guard to find a stash of chocolate chips in his possession. My thoughts began to drift off to him shirtless standing at the edge of the bed. A chiseled chest with a gracious smirk as he fed himself a few pieces of chocolate chips from the bag. It seemed to please him. A reminder that even he can relax his high standards of health and fitness to indulge in small chocolatey delights.

I bite my lip from the lustful thoughts coming behind the sweet reverie. It's a sweet reminder to myself how good looking he is. I grip the edge of the island slightly shrugging off the sweet sweats starting to take over. I glance over at all the ingredients placed before me. I need to focus on making breakfast before I even start daydreaming about dessert.

 I need to focus on making breakfast before I even start daydreaming about dessert

"It smells like chocolate, Miss Donovan. What are you making in here?" Xander asks while he takes a seat at the island. He places his elbows down looking over the plate of pancakes. I admire that of his beauty. The curves of his pronounced collarbone admiring his bare naked chest. He's beautiful in a way I hate to admit and its driving me crazy.

"I made chocolate chip pancakes, with eggs and some fruit. You only had strawberries and kiwi. So I cut a bit for us to share," I shrug shyly. "I hope you're hungry."

He smiles genuinely with those morning bedroom eyes glossing in the kitchen light. "For you, Miss Donovan. I am always hungry." His voice makes me tremble.

"Mhm," my mouth parched from the sultriness of his voice sending those intense sweet sweats into heat again.

I gulp.

"I admire you making use of my kitchen. It's seldom used out of everything. You've even made yourself well acquainted with the sweets," he states nodding his head to the bag of chocolate chips idly sitting on the counter by the stove.