3. Videchatting & Red Planet Diaries

"I'm sorry we couldn't talk last night" Maya says to Riley over videochat.
"No, it's fine, we spoke on the phone this afternoon and well, we're speaking right now!" Riley answers.
"I guess, yeah. But we went to eat at this very expensive looking restaurant and everything on the menu was in french so I ordered what the waiter recommended, I have no idea what it was but you would have loved it!" Maya says.
"Okay, if I ever go there, I will try it!" Riley responds. "So how's Miami?"
"It's pretty cool yet so far but I'll see tomorrow I guess." Maya says.
"I can't wait for you to get home!" Riley says.
"About that; I don't know if I'm gonna go with my mom back to New York..."
"What? Why not?"
"Well, we had this fight in the car on the way to Charlotte, I went with Shawn today."
"What were you fighting about?"
"Well, we're going to Miami cus Shawn's gonna take pictures at pride and my mom basically is a homophobe."
"So you're fight was that you were defending the LGBTQ community and she was figting against it?" Riley asks.
"Yeah..." Maya says and looks down.
"Don't worry, peaches, it's gonna be okay." Riley says.
"I guess... Anyway, I really don't want to go back home together with her and also I'd like to see some of that pride parade and all of that!" Maya says.
"Okay, if you wanna stay there, then stay there." Riley says. "But not forever!" She quickly adds making Maya laugh a little.
"Okay, honey." Maya says and smiles.
"And I want to hear from you once a day, at least!" Riley says.
"Okay, I promise." Maya answers.
"Good." Riley says. She then looks at a wall behind the screen. "It's really getting late, we should probably sleep." Riley says.
"Yeah, I guess..." Maya says. "Hey, I've got a TV, I can turn the screen towards it and we can watch something!" Maya says.
"Okay!" Riley says.
Maya picks up the remote and turns the computer towards the TV. She turns it on and zaps through the channels. She stops on one.
"Hey, look, Red Planet Diaries is about to start!" Maya says.
"What?! Let's watch it!" Riley says.
The show starts and they both loudly sings along to the theme song.
"Out here in space, I kiss your green face, but it feels like you're lightyears away!"
"I forgot that everyone else is asleep here..." Riley says and Maya laughs.
"Hey, it's that episode that aired when you were babysitting Auggie!"
"Right! We never got to watch that whole episode, we have to watch this!" Riley says.
Maya wakes up, it's morning again and she fell asleep watching TV while videochatting with Riley. She looks at her computer to see a sleeping Riley. She smiles and hangs up. She turns off the TV.
*knock, knock, knock*
Maya goes to open the door and outside stands Shawn.
"Hey, you ready to go get some breakfast?" Shawn asks.
"Yeah, I'm done in a couple of minutes. Where's mom?" Maya asks.
"Over by the elevator, hurry up." Shawn says smiling and he then walks over towards the elevator.
Maya puts on some clothes and pulls away the curtains from the windows.
She goes out of the room and joins Katy and Shawn for breakfast. In the middle of the breakfast she gets a text from Riley.
"Hey, just woke up! Can't believe we feel asleep to the TV AND in the middle of a videochat!" It says.
Maya laughs and then responds "I know, especially to Red Planet Diaries!"
"Put down your phone, Maya" Katy says.