7. A Shocking Kiss & A Worried Riley

The gang of four is walking in the late hour through the streets of Miami towards Maya's hotel.
"So that girl, is it the one you were videochating with today?" Kevin asks.
"Uhm, yeah!" Maya says.
"Okay. And what do you think she feels for you?" Callie asks.
"I; don't know. I thought she had to be straight since she likes guys. But now..." Maya says.
"Okay, so the guys she has liked, do they remind of you in any way?" Lauren asks.
"Well, we don't really know anyone that does..." Maya says as they've just gotten to the hotel. "Here it is."
They all stop.
"So are you coming tomorrow?" Kevin asks.
"No, it's been a really long day, and I've had many of those this week. So I'll probably just stay at the hotel room tomorrow actually, but I hope we all can meet soon again! Are you ever coming to New York?" Maya asks.
"Maybe, once your pride is." Callie says looking at the other two.
"Yeah, I'd like to meet up then! And maybe you'll have a girlfriend!" Lauren says and smiles.
Maya gets a bit uncomfortable.
"Well, goodbye!" Maya says and hugs Kevin, then Callie but when she's gonna hug Lauren, Lauren stops her.
"No, I'll follow you up to your room." Lauren says.
"Are you sure?" Maya asks.
"Yes, you never know what creeps you may find around here so it's for the best." Lauren says.
"We'll wait her." Callie says as Maya and Lauren walks into the hotel.
They get on the elevator and as it's about to close an old lady gets on. As they're going up to 5th floor which is where the old lady's going the old lady farts a few times and she doesn't either seem to understand she's not alone, even though she looked at them when she got in. Or she didn't understand that she was farting. When she got out and the doors closed Maya and Lauren bursted into laughter. The elevator hit the 7th floor and they walked towards Maya's room. Maya stops suddenly.
"Here it is." She says.
All of the sudden Lauren leans towards Maya and kisses her.
"Good night." Lauren says and smiles before she walks away.
Maya's standing still. She's not moving, she's starring with huge eyes at the wall at the opposite side from where the door to her room is. After half a minute she walks into her room still starring with huge eyes. She lies down in her bed starring at the roof. She picks up her phone and starts the slideshow with pictures of Riley. She falls asleep looking at the pictures. She wakes up when Riley calls her at 9am. She picks up her computer and answers.
"Hi." Maya says and yawns.
"Hey... You never called yesterday..." Riley says.
"Yes, I did, in the parade!" Maya says.
"I couldn't hear you and then you hung up all of the sudden and when I texted you this Lauren girl answered!" Riley says.
"I'm sorry I broke my promise..." Maya says but she gets cut off.
"That's not what's bothering me Maya! I don't care that you broke some little promise!" Riley says.
"You don't?" Maya asks.
"No Maya! I was worried for you!" Riley shouts.
"Okay. I'm sorry. Next time I'll let you know I'm okay..." Maya says.
"Good. You scared me. Alot." Riley says.
"I'm sorry. But it really makes me happy that you care so very much..." Maya says, she smiles and looks away.
"Of course I do. You're my other half." Riley says and smiles.