12. Revealed Secrets & What Happens Now

Maya and Riley walks into the hallways of Abigail Adams High School too see Lucas, Zay, Farkle and Smackle sitting on a bench talking. As they get closer they can hear what they're saying.
"Wow. I can't believe it." Lucas says to Zay.
"Yeah! And that Riley doesn't even know?" Farkle says.
Maya grabs the collar of Zay's shirt and pulls him up from the bench. She pulls him closer and stares him in the eyes angred.
"You told them?!" Maya shouts at Zay.
"No, no, no! he didn't!" Lucas says.
"No, he just said that you like someone else!" Farkle says.
"Yeah, and not him!" Lucas says.
Maya lets go of his collar and he straightens his shirt.
"And thank you for asking before getting all ready to beat me up!" Zay says sarcastically. "Maya, you told me to not tell anyone and I won't." He says and smiles.
"Since when are you good at keeping secrets?!" Lucas asks Zay.
"This is more important than you're secrets." Zay answers.
"Why?" Lucas asks.
"Everything is not about you!" Zay says.
"You don't like Zay?" Riley asks Maya.
"Yeah, no. I don't..." Maya answers.
"You like someone and I don't know about it?" Riley asks.
Maya just looks at her and Riley looks away. For the rest of the day Riley doesn't even look at or talk to Maya.

Maya knocks at Riley's window. Riley lets her in and then they sit there for a short while before anyone says something. They're not looking at each other.
"You didn't speak to me today. At all..." Maya says.
"Because I wanted us to have this conversation here." Riley says.
Maya looks at Riley.
"Then; speak." Maya says.
Riley looks at Maya.
"Why would you not tell me who you like?" Riley asks looking hurt.
"What's the big deal?" Maya asks.
"Okay, why would you tell Zay and not me?" Riley asks.
Cus it would ruin our friendship." Maya says and looks away.
"No, you not telling me is ruining it." Riley says still looking at Maya.
"Okay, so either way it gets ruined?" Maya asks and looks at Riley.
Riley's looking questioning at Maya as they look at each other for a while. Riley then looks away.
"It's not Zay, Lucas or Farkle. It's not Josh cus I already know you like him." Riley says.
She then looks at Maya again looking sort of confused and concentrated. She puts her hand under Maya's chin forcing Maya to look deeply into Riley's eyes as Riley do the same. Then they just sit there for a few seconds like that.
"What are you doing?" Maya asks.
Riley doesn't answer. She lets go of Maya's chin and looks away once again looking concentrated and confused. Maya seems worried.
"Riles, what are you doing?" Maya asks.
Riley then turns to Maya again, puts her hand under Maya's chin and quickly pulls Maya's face closer to her's until they kiss. The kiss lasts for just a few seconds until they stop. Maya gets upset.
"Why did you do that?" Maya asks.
"Testing your reaction." Riley responds.
Maya gets up and starts pacing back and forth a little in Riley's room.
"No, why did you even think of doing that?" Maya asks.
"I just went through the clues I had and I'm pretty sure it's not Auggie that you like so I was the only one who were left..." Riley says and Maya sits down.
They both look pretty surprised and confused. They're looking into emptiness for a while.
"So... What happens now?" Riley asks and looks at Maya.
Maya looks back at Riley.