14. Flirting & Whispering

It's been a week since Riley & Maya found out they both like each other and Riley & Maya once again walks into the hallways of their high school and they see Zay sitting at a bench and Lucas standing up next to it. They walk towards them.
"So, do you wanna tell Zay today?" Riley quietly asks Maya as they're walking towards Zay and Lucas.
"Can you stop asking that every day? When I'm ready to tell anyone I'll obviously tell you." Maya quietly responds.
"It's just that I'm getting kind of tired of keeping secrets from everyone. Especially Lucas. It feels so wrong when I hold his hand and things and, I think he can sense it." Riley says as they get closer to them.
"Hey there!" Zay says when he sees the girls.
"Hi!" Maya says.
"Hi." Lucas says and smirks at Riley.
"Hi." Riley says and smirks at him back in a flirtatious way.
She then walks up to Lucas and gives him a hug before looking at Maya and smiling to see if she looks jealous which she doesn't.
"Okay..." Zay says still sitting at the bench.
"Let's go to my locker!" Riley says to Lucas.
"What about Maya?" Lucas asks looking surprised.
"She'll be fine. And right now I want to hang out with my boyfriend." Riley says and the two walk away, Lucas still quite surprised.
Maya sits down on the bench next to Zay.
"So what was that about?" Zay asks.
"Nothing." Maya calmly responds.
She then looks nervously around at things in the room for a few seconds until she takes a deep breath.
"I told her." Maya quietly says to Zay.
"You told her you like her?" Zay asks loudly as he's looking really surprised.
"Ssssh! Nobody knows anything." Maya says.
"Sorry. But then, what was all of that about? She looked like she was trying to get you jealous?" Zay quietly asks.
"Yeah, she was trying to make me jealous." Maya starts, she then moves closer to Zay. "See, she likes me too." Maya says.
"She does? Wow! Wait what?" Zay loudly asks.
"Ssssh! She does, but because of my mom and things I didn't feel ready to tell anyone. So now, she's mad at me for not being ready to tell you." Maya quietly answers.
"Me?"
"Yes, we agreed that we would tell you first."
"Wow. I feel honored." Zay starts. "Hold on, you are telling me, right now." Zay says.
"Right, I should tell her that!" Maya says and nods.
"So when are you planning to tell Farkle and Smackle? And Lucas? And are you telling your families?" Zay asks.
"I don't know when we'll tell Farkle and Smackle but I know that it will take a while before Riley will have even figured out a way to tell Lucas." Maya starts. "And our families... I'm not quite sure if or how to tell any of our parents. Or Shawn." Maya says and looks a little upset.
"It'll be okay, you'll get through it!" Zay says and smiles at her.
"So what are you talking about?" Farkle says all of the sudden as he has snuck up on them from behind.
"Nothing!" Maya and Zay shouts quickly.
Farkle sits down next to them.
"Oh!" Farkle starts while smirking a lot. "You were talking about love."
"What?!" Maya asks.
"Yeah, your other one who you're interested in, right?" He asks Maya.
"Oh, yeah!" Maya says and smiles.
The bell rings and the three stand up, Farkle and Zay's about to walk away the same direction.
"Wait!" Maya says and Zay and Farkle turns around. "You can't tell anyone, Zay. Really. No one can know."
Zay nods and him and Farkle walks away.