24. Eves Dropping & Lucas Finds Out

The last class has ended and everybody is about to head home. Riley and Maya walk towards their lockers together as they walk by Zay standing against some other lockers.
"Have a nice weekend!" He says to them.
"You too." Riley says.
"And good luck!" He says to Riley.
Maya looks surprised and questioning at Riley.
"Lucas still hasn't talked to you?" Maya asks.
"No." Riley answers.
"Maybe you should ask to talk to him?" Maya asks.
"Zay said that he was going to do it today. If he doesn't, then I'll do it tomorrow." Riley says.
They walk up to their lockers and open then to put in their books and take out their bags.
"Riley?" A familiar voice says all of the sudden making Riley turn around.
"Lucas?" Riley asks.
"May I talk to you before you leave?" Lucas asks looking really worried.
"Okay." Riley says.
Lucas goes to sit down by a bench close to Riley and Maya's lockers. Riley can understand that he's worried, considering he doesn't know about Maya and Riley yet. They get their bags and Maya walk away as Riley sits down next to Lucas. The hallway is almost empty already. Maya stops when she gets to somewhere where she can hear them but they can't see her.
"Riley, I want you to know that whatever happens to us, I hope the two of us and the rest of our friends will always stick together." Maya hears Lucas say.
"Okay." Riley answers.
"Eves dropping, huh?" Zay asks Maya all of the sudden making Maya jump a little as she didn't see him.
"Zay! You scared me." Maya whispers to him.
"I know, that was my intention." He says.
"Sssh!" Maya says to him and they both continue listening.
"You and Maya?" Lucas asks Riley very surprised.
He then looks very surprised for a few seconds as he thinks about it.
"Nah, that makes sense..." He says and smiles at Riley.
"Well, I guess that's it, then." Riley says.
Maya comes out from her little hiding spot behind the corner and walks up to Riley. By this time the hallway is empty except for the three and Zay.
"Ready to go?" She asks Riley.
"Yeah, I guess so." Riley says and smiles.
She stands up and takes Maya's hand.
"Thanks for taking care of her." Maya says to Lucas. "Cowboy." She then says and smiles at him.
He smiles back and Maya and Riley walk away towards the exit. When they get around the corner Riley stops Maya.
"Maya, I didn't tell him about Lauren." She whispers.
"What?!" Maya whispers back loudly.
"I just couldn't, it was too hard." Riley whispers back.
"Riley, what if he tells Lauren right now that he likes her?!" Maya asks.
"I'm just hoping he won't..." Riley says. "I did tell him to wait." Riley adds.
"Lets hope you're still lucky even though you're with me then." Maya says. "But you better tell him soon."

Back where Maya was hiding Zay's still eves dropping on Lucas. He dares to come out so that he can see Lucas. Lucas picks up his phone and stands up. He then puts the phone to his ear. He doesn't say anything for a while.
"Voicemail? Really?!" He says suddenly before clearing his throat. "Hey Lauren this is Lucas. I just wanted to say that I like you. Text me when you've gotten this. " He says and hangs up. He then sits down and after just about half a minute his phone rings as he gets a text.
Zay can see how Lucas entire face tightens after he has read the text. He looks just like he does when somebody messes with Zay. Lucas then puts the phone in his pocket and walk towards the exit, the same way Riley and Maya went. Zay quickly picks up his phone and tries to call both of the girls an endless amount of times but neither of them answer.