20. Schrödinger's Cat & Piece Of Cake

The 5 are still sitting in Riley's room as Farkle is about to tell them about Schrödinger's cat.
Farkle takes down a little pink box with white polka dots on from Riley's desk and puts it on the floor between all of them.
"A cat, a flask of poison and a radioactive source is placed in a box. If a monitor detects the radioactivity it breaks the flask releasing the poison and killing the cat. After a while the cat is simultaneously alive and dead since no one knows which it is because they can't see the cat. But once somebody opens the box they see it's only one of the two." Farkle explains.
"I think it's dead." Maya says.
"No, it's alive!" Riley says and smiles.
"It's dead!" Maya says.
Riley opens the box.
"No, look it's alive!" Riley says as she picks up an imaginary cat from the box and pets it.
"I'm gonna name you Mr. Rainbow Cuddles!" Riley says to the imaginary cat.
Maya smiles admiring at her and laughs slightly as the others smirk.
"What if it's a girl?" Farkle asks.
"Mrs. Rainbow Cuddles!" Riley answer quickly.
Maya still smiles at her.
"So, I suppose you tried to take Mr. Matthews place in teaching us something that is relatable to our own lives?" Maya asks Farkle.
"So why is this relevant?" Zay fills in. "It's like Lauren and Lucas." Farkle starts. "We don't know how Lauren will react if Lucas says he likes her just as we don't know wether the cat is dead or alive."
"We do." Riley says cutting Farkle off.
"We didn't when the box was closed." He continues. "So even if Lucas doesn't like her we have to make sure he doesn't say he likes her."
"How are we supposed to make sure of that?" Smackle asks.
"We'll just have to do our best." Riley says.
"It's not gonna be easy..." Maya says and raises one eyebrow for a second.
"So we're going to like take turns babysitting him?" Zay asks.
"No. We'll just have to convince him to not tell her if it's ever relevant." Farkle responds.
"So we're going to try to make him like her and break up with Riley cus he likes her but still convince him to not tell Lauren he likes her?" Maya asks.
"Piece of cake!" Zay says sarcastically.
"Lets just start with convince him that he likes her. What's the worst Lauren can do anyway?" Smackle asks.
They all look at Maya who's looking really nervous.
"You don't think she would tell him that we set her up to talk to him, do you?" Riley asks.
"I don't know really..." Maya answers.
Smackle looks at her armwrist.
"Come on, Farkle we're going to be late!" Smackle says as they both stand up.
"Late for what?" Riley asks.
"Movienight! We're gonna see the movie the four of you saw last time we went to the movies!" Farkle answers.
"That was great, can I tag along?" Zay asks.
"Fine." Smackle answers and Farkle and Smackle walk out the bay window as Zay walks through the door instead.
Riley and Maya sit in silence for a while. Suddenly Riley takes Maya's hand and holds it tight caressing the back of Maya's hand with her thumb. She then puts Maya's arm around her neck and cuddles up to Maya.
"Riley, what if your parents walk in on us right now...?" Maya asks carefully.
Riley sighs and removes Maya's arm as she lets go of her hand. Maya thinks for a few seconds before taking Riley's hand and dragging her out to the kitchen/livingroom in the Matthews apartment. Riley tries to resist a little but then Maya stops seeing Cory, Topanga and Auggie in the couch.
"I wanna ask for all of yours permission." Maya says.
"For what?" Topanga ask.
Maya raises her hand that's tied together with Riley's.
"To ask Riley out on a date." She says and the three of them as well as Riley gets very surprised.