5. A Huge Crowd & New Friends

Maya and Shawn are walking in the middle of the parade, both with a pride shirt and Shawn with a camera. Maya sings-a-long to the music that the people play.
"Hey, I saw some guys that I wanted to take a picture of over there, I'll be right back!" Shawn says and walks away but Maya didn't hear what he said so she attempts to follow him through the crowd.
Suddenly she bumps into someone who she at first look thought was Riley.
"Hey! I'm Lauren!" She shouts.
"I'm Maya!" Maya shouts back.
"Are you in a hurry?!" Lauren asks.
"I just lost someone!" Maya shouts to her.
"Oh, but you'll probably find them again, until then you can hang out with us!" Lauren shouts. She then points to some other people around her.
"That's Violet!" Lauren shouts and points at an asian girl with long black hair.
"That's Callie!" Lauren shouts and points at a tall girl with brown hair and dark skin.
"And that's Todd!" Lauren shouts and points at a light-skinned guy with short black hair.
"This is Maya!" Lauren shouts to the group and points at Maya.
Maya's phone vibrates. She picks it up and sees that Riley has been calling her on videochat. She answers.
"Hey, Maya!" Riley says and smiles.
"Hi!" Maya says but Riley can't hear anything.
Maya points at the group and says their names, then they all wave to the phone. Maya doesn't hear Riley either. Riley points at her ear trying to make Maya understand that she can't hear her.
"Hey, Maya!" Lauren shouts but Maya doesn't hear her either.
Lauren walks up to Maya and says something next to her ear making Maya laugh a little.
"Who's that?" Riley asks looking a bit concerned mixed with anger.
Maya doesn't hear Riley. Maya then hangs up all of the sudden.
"This is Kevin!" Lauren shouts and points at a slightly tanned guy with shoulder length brown hair.
"Hey!" He shouts to Maya.
"Hi! I'm Maya!" Maya shouts back.
"I have to go to the bathroom! Where is it?" Maya shouts at Lauren.
"Hang on!" Lauren shouts back and she takes Maya to the bathroom.
All of the sudden Maya looks back and see that the whole gang followed them.
"Here it is." Lauren says and points at a door. "Man, it's so nice not having to shout!" Lauren says.
"Can you hold my phone?" Maya asks Lauren before she goes in there.
Suddenly the phone vibrates in Laurens hands. Riley sent a text.
"Hey, I didn't hear you at all in the videochat." It says. Lauren answers.
"Hey, I'm Lauren, I was in the videochat and we didn't hear you either. I think you two will have to wait till later before you can talk! :)" Lauren sends.
"You took Maya's phone?" Riley responds.
"Haha no, she's in the bathroom! :)" Lauren sends.
Maya comes out of the bathroom.
"Hey, your friend texted and I answered, I hope you don't mind!" Lauren says and gives Maya the phone.
Maya looks at the messages.
"No, it's fine!" Maya says and smiles.
She then puts back the phone in her pocket and the gang of six goes back into the parade. They jump along to the beat for a while when a great song comes on.
Suddenly Maya sees Shawn.
"I got to go now!" Maya shouts at Lauren.
"Okay, but it was nice meeting you!" Lauren says and she picks up her phone. "Put in your number! You can hang out with us tonight!" Lauren says.
Maya gets her phone and they put in their numbers in each others phones.