21. Happiness & Panic

Maya and Riley walks through the hallway seeing Lucas, Zay, Farkle and Smackle on a bench outside of the class they're about to have.
"Soon my dad's class starts!" Riley says.
"Yeah!" Maya says and smiles. "They took; us, very well!"
"I know, it feels good." Riley says and smiles.
"Yeah. You know, I am really happy today." Maya says.
"I just remembered we never told them really why we haven't told people yet. Like, with Lucas." Riley says.
"Okay, I'll talk to him before class then, you go over to them!" Maya says and points to their friends.
Riley goes over there and Maya enters the classroom with her books in her hands. Cory turns around from the blackboard and sees Maya.
"Ah! Maya, the best daughter-in-law I have!" Cory says.
"That's rather unfair to Ava!" Maya says smiling as she puts her books on her desk.
"What's up?" Cory asks.
"Yeah, uhm, Lucas doesn't really know. About me and Riley." Maya says.
"What?" Cory asks surprised.
"Yeah, Riley want to still be friends with him so it's hard for her to tell him." Maya says.
"Okay, well how are you going to tell him?" Cory asks.
"Uhm, yeah..." Maya start slightly uncomfortable. "We might've set up someone I met in Miami to talk to him so he would fall in love with her and break up with Riley." Maya says slightly embarrassed.
"Why would you do that?" Cory asks looking very questioning and confused. "What do you think is going to happen when she tells him about this?" Cory asks looking very concerned.
"If." Maya answers.
"Oh, you don't think she's going to tell him?" Cory asks and Maya gets speechless. The bell rings and everybody gets in. Maya sits down in her desk and the lesson starts.
"9/11, how many planes were there?" Cory asks. "Riley?"
"Two?" Riley asks.
"Nope. Lucas?" He says seeming quite irritated with Lucas making Maya question if it's because of what she said.
"Three, sir?" Lucas asks.
Cory laughs a little.
"Haha, nope!" Cory says. "Zay?"
"None!" Zay says.
"No?" Cory says looking really confused at Zay. "What about Maya?"
"Four?" Maya says.
Cory gets surprised.
"Yes." He says.
The entire class looks really surprised and questioning at Maya.
"What? I read!" Maya says to all of them. "...Sometimes." She then adds.
"Four hijacked planes. Two of them was crashed into the North and the South towers of the World Trade Center. One was crashed into the Pentagon and the fourth one was supposed to be crashed into the white house." Cory says.
"What happened?" Lucas asks.
"You'd like to know that, wouldn't cha'?" Cory asks.
"Yes." Lucas starts confused. "What's going on?" He asks Cory. "What did you tell him?" He then asks Riley.
"The people on board of the plane regained control and managed to land in an empty field in Philadelphia." Cory says. "Never risk hurting other people." He then says looking at Riley and Maya.

It's evening and Maya walks in through the bay window as usual but gets surprised as Riley isn't in the room. She then walks out of Riley's room and walks into the livingroom instead where she sees Cory and Topanga.
"Oh, hi Maya!" Topanga says and smiles.
"Hi! Where's Riley?" Maya asks.
"Riley? I thought you knew." Cory starts. "She told us she thought about how sweet it was last night when you asked for our permission." Cory continues.
"So she said she was going to do the same for you." Topanga adds.
Maya's eyes widen and she starts to panic running back into Riley's room and sitting down in the bay window. She tries to call Riley a few times but Riley doesn't answer. Maya climb out the window and head home. She runs faster than she has ever before.