19. Broke Up & He Likes Her

It's a Tuesday and Riley's sitting in her bay window alone realizing it's already 3 weeks ago since Maya, Shawn and Katy left to Miami. Suddenly she can hear that somebody's walking right outside her window.
"Maya." She says and smiles.
"Nope, me!" A familiar voice answers and Riley turns to see that it's Lucas.
"Oh, I'm sorry!" Riley says happy she didn't reveal anything while assuming that it was Maya.
"Oh, no it's fine!" Lucas responds.
"Hi." Riley starts and smiles trying to seem as if nothing has changed. "What do you want?" She asks smilingly as Lucas smiles back.
"I need your help." Lucas starts. "So, you know, that person I'm talking to, her name is Lauren and she and her boyfriend broke up."
"Okay." Riley answers.
"I don't know what to say to comfort her." Lucas says.
"Okay. Why didn't you go to Zay or Farkle?" Riley asks.
"Well, we agreed that we would talk to each other more once we became a couple..." Lucas says. "So anyway, apparently they've been together for a few years or something like that and I really don't know what she wants me to say." Lucas says looking very concerned for Lauren.
"Only say things that you truly mean." Riley says.
"Yeah, okay. But I don't want to say the wrong things either." Lucas says.
"Maybe just think about what you would want her to tell you if you and I broke up?" Riley says.
"Yeah that seems like a good advice." Lucas starts and then looks like he's thinking before he stands up. "Thank you Riley. You're the best!" Lucas says as Riley stands up as well.
The two hug and then he leaves with a charming smile on his lips.

It's now evening of the same day that Lucas came to Riley for advice about Lauren. Riley has invited Maya, Zay, Farkle & Smackle to her room to tell them and they're sitting in the same places as last time they gathered to talk.
"Wait what?! Lauren and Kevin broke up?!" Maya shouts as she's chocked.
"So what did you tell him to say?" Smackle asks Riley.
"I told him to tell her things that he does mean and to think of things he would want her to say if me and him broke up." Riley answers.
"Hold on, what?!"Zay asks. "I'm really not sure you should've said that..."
"Why is that?" Maya asks looking suspiciously at Zay.
"Well..." Zay starts. "He might kind of like her..."
"What?!" They all ask looking really surprised and questioning at Zay.
"Why wouldn't you say something?!" Farkle asks him.
"I don't know, I didn't think Riley would come along and tell him to say I love you to her!" Zay says pointing at Riley trying to move over the attention at her again.
"I don't think he will say that he loves her." Smackle says.
"I don't know, he's pretty quick with love..." Zay lies.
"I had to push him to ask Riley out for the first time." Maya responds.
"Okay, Zay are you sure he likes her?" Riley asks looking worried.
"He was about to tell her about when he birthed a foal." Zay answers.
"Ooh..." Maya, Farkle and Smackle replies all at once.
"I'm just hoping he won't tell her he likes her." Riley says. "Who knows how Lauren will react?"
"Have you guys heard about Schrödinger's cat?" Farkle asks Riley, Maya and Zay as he stands up.
"Of course we have my genius colleague." Maya says sarcastically faking a british accent while making hand gestures. Riley, Zay and Farkle smiles and laughs slightly at her.