17. Asking Questions & Acting Differently

Zay, Lucas, Farkle, Maya & Riley walk into Topanga's. They sit down in the sofa set and talk. The moment they sit down Lucas picks up his phone and types something. He then puts it down on the table until it vibrates shortly after and he picks it up again. He repeats a couple of times before anyone comments on it.
"Who are you texting?" Farkle asks Lucas.
"Oh, it's really just someone who got the wrong number but then we just continued to talk." Lucas says and smiles.
"Why?" Zay asks.
Maya kicks his leg and Zay looks questioning at Maya.
"I don't know really, we just sort of continued to talk." Lucas responds.
"Are they nice?" Maya asks.
"Yeah, definitely!" Lucas answers.
"Well, we..." Riley starts and looks at Maya. "Need to go, right Maya?"
"Okay." Maya says.
"Oh." Zay says and smirks.
Farkle kicks Zay's leg and widen his eyes when Zay looks at him. He then gestures to Zay to shut up without Lucas noticing cus he's texting Lauren.
Riley and Maya stands up and starts walking out.
"Bye!" They say when they leave.
"Bye!" All three boys respond to them as they leave.

It's in between classes and Riley and Maya sees Lucas sitting on a bench by himself.
"That's odd." Maya says.
They see Farkle and Smackle standing and talking a little further away by some lockers. They then see Zay hitting on some girls.
"Oh, that's why." Maya says and smiles.
They walk towards Lucas and sit down next to him. Riley next to Lucas and Maya next to Riley.
"So..." Riley says and smiles enthusiastically. "What is she saying?"
"I never mentioned if it's a girl or boy?" Lucas says looking questioned at Riley.
Maya & Riley both widen their eyes a lot. Zay is seen noticing it and rushes over to the bench to sit down next to them. He sits down on the other side of Lucas.
"So what are you talking about?" Zay asks.
"I didn't say if the person I'm talking to is a girl or a boy, did I?" Lucas asks Zay.
"I think you did!" Riley says.
"No." Lucas says. "I didn't."
"Then I guess I just assumed!" Riley says and smiles.
"Okay..." Lucas starts. "Well it is a girl, and we're talking about pets." He says and smiles.
"Okay. So is she nice?" Riley says and smirks just as any friend who's teasing their friend for talking to a potential crush.
"Uhm... Yeah..." Lucas says questioning and weirded out by Riley's behaviour.
Then Riley remembers that she's still Lucas girlfriend and realizes what she just did.
"Come on, Riley, I wanna show you something in my locker." Maya says saving Riley.
Riley and Maya walks away and Zay leans over to see what Lucas is texting about.
"You really gonna tell her about when you birthed a foal?" Zay asks.
"Yeah, why?" Lucas asks.
"I thought that was sort of your move." Zay says.
"You're right!" Lucas shouts as he throws away his phone.
He awkwardly runs after it to pick it up. He walks back to Zay but doesn't sit down even though Zay is sitting down.
"What am I doing?!" Lucas asks Zay.
"I don't know." Zay responds.
"I can't." Lucas starts before stopping himself and scanning the surroundings.
Maya and Riley aren't anywhere near.
"I can't hit on a girl when I have a girlfriend!" Lucas says panicking.
"I know." Zay says.
"So what's happening to me?!" Lucas asks still standing up.
"Okay, first you need to sit down." Zay says.
Lucas sits.
"And now you need to calm down. You haven't done anything." Zay says and Lucas gets relieved. "Yet." Zay adds and Lucas gets worried again.
"Okay, do you like this girl?" Zay asks.
"No. I don't think so. Maybe." Lucas says.