52. Confusing And Weird

"So your birth dad adopted a daughter. What does that make her?" Riley asks. "You're adoptive birth sister? Birth adoptive sister?"
"Well, I call Shawn my dad, not my adoptive dad so I guess she's just my birth sister." Maya says.
"Even if she got adopted after you?" Riley asks.
"I guess." Maya says. "Anyway, what's up around here?" She asks then trying to distract herself.
"Ava's here. Josh is out with Jasmin. So not much." Riley answers.
Then they sit there in silence for a short moment.
"So... I don't want you to tell anyone about Leah." Maya says.
"Why not?" Riley asks.
"I don't know how my mom would react if she found out. Maybe she'd call Kermit or Jeff and tell them to keep her away from me." Maya says. "Does Leah know Kermit's your birth dad? And do you really think your mom would want them to keep her away from you? You were wrong about her being a homophobe."
"No, Leah doesn't know. And maybe my mom wouldn't do that, but maybe Kermit would? I don't think my mom would be okay with me seeing Leah and her not knowing I'm her sister." Maya says.
"So you do want to keep seeing her?" Riley asks.
"I don't know. I've always wanted a sister..." Maya says. "I mean, you and I kind of used to act like we were, but..."
"But we didn't really have those type of feelings for each other? I know." Riley says and smiles. "It's okay, Maya. I think it could be good for you to keep seeing her. Really." Riley says.
"You know that no one could ever replace you anyway, right honey? Not as my best friend or my girlfriend." Maya says and smiles.
Riley smiles back at her.
"No one could ever replace you either." Riley says.
"I know that." Maya answers jokingly.
Riley plants a kiss on Maya's cheek before she puts her head on Maya's shoulder and Maya puts her head on Riley's.

Josh and Jasmin are sitting by a table at Topanga's and talking.
"Hey, Josh." Jasmin says. "Check out that girl over there!" She says and Josh looks at her grinning.
"Did you just...?"
"I heard very clearly what I said and how it came out." Jasmin says smiling awkwardly. "I meant for you."
"Figures!" He says still grinning before looking over at the girl. "She's cute, I guess."
"So...?" Jasmin asks.
"So...?"
"I don't know, you could try to talk to her or something...?" She says.
"I don't think so, I'm not the type of guy who walks up to a girl in a bakery and asks for her number." Josh says.
"I actually don't think that's a type of guy." Jasmin shrugs her shoulders. "But for the record I didn't tell you to ask for her number, I told you to talk to her."
Josh just sits there and subtly looks at the girl, Jasmin looking at him waiting for him to make a move. But he continues to just sit there.
"Oh, please." Jasmin says and gets up.
"No, Jasmin! What are you doing?!" Josh tries to get her attention as she's walking towards the girl.
"Hi, I'm Jasmin. My friend over there" She starts and points at Josh who's blushing really hard. "Is too scared to talk to you or ask for your number. He thinks you're cute." Jasmin says.
The girl giggles looking at Josh, writes something on a napkin which she gives to Jasmin and Jasmin goes back to Josh.
"That's the most embarrassing thing I've ever been through." Josh says.
"Well... At least I got you her number." Jasmin says.
"Did you catch her name?" Josh asks.
"Emily." Jasmin says. "And she does know that your name is Josh. And she told me to tell you to text her." Jasmin continues and hands him the napkin with Emily's number.