Chapter 3

Middle of Nowhere

It was hard to tell what came first. Sophie's ear rattling scream, or the car crashing straight into a tree.

"Fuck!" Nate slammed his hand hard on the car horn. "Really? Did my Porsche really just crash into that damn tree?"

"Yes. Your car actually did crash into that tree." A factual Sophie spoke.

Nathan turned around amazed. "It was a rhetorical question. Rhe-tor-icle."

"If your gonna ask a question... I'm gonna answer."

Right then and there, Nathan wanted to slap her, but he tried to keep his cool. Breath in and breath out...

"I wanna slap you right now, you know?" Sophie leaned in to face Nate. "How dare you use me like that. Men like you should be tossed into a smelly jail cell. I don't run a business for this stuff, you know. You can't just hire me to do this! I don't approve of being your fake fiancée."

"Now is not the time." He groaned.

"No. Now is the time."

"Shut up will you?" Nate got out of his car into the freezing winter air. He walked far enough into the empty snowy roads to get a good view of his expensive ride.

It was badly damaged. The front of the car was completely busted, and it was surprising that he got out safely.

The two were too far off from home to catch a bus back, and Nate's estate was a good distance away. They were practically stuck in the middle of nowhere.

"You can fix that right?" Sophie was at his side now, holding on to a pink purse.

"Of course I can! I'm superman after all!" Nate shouted in frustration.

"Good. Make it quick. Oh and forget about taking me to your parents, cause your taking me straight home after." She stood arms crossed.

Nathan sighed heavily. He looked at his phone and realized there was no signal. "Give me your phone."

"No." Sophie tried to maintain a straight face, but his very mad expression made that quite hard. In the end she gave him her phone.

Nathan grabbed it and flipped the old fashion device open. No signal. "Shit! Shit, Shit, Shit!"

Sophie grabbed her phone back defensively. "if you're going to say nothing nice about my pictures then don't look at them!"

"I wasn't looking at your pictures dumbass. You have no signal, I have no signal. How do you expect to get out of here?" Nathan dramatically pointed to his surroundings.

Dead trees. That's all that surrounded them. "wow. I have nothing nice to say about this place." Sophie frowned.

Nathan walked towards his car and started it. It shook to life but then died out. He tried starting the car again, but this time it didn't even roar.

Nathan marched towards Sophie, yanked her arm, and dragged her towards the road.

"Where are you taking me? Get your god damn hands off!" She shrieked.

"We're walking." Nathan said coolly.

After a long period of whining, Sophie gave in and started trailing behind Nate. She didn't like one bit of it, but it's not like he cared.

"hurry up!" Nate turned around and shouted.

Sophie was actually really far behind. Her brunette hair was now in a messy bun and she had her hood on. It began to snow and Sophie muffled her face into her jacket in order not to freeze. "Its cold!"