Epilogue

Epilogue

Nathan finished painting the room that had once been Sophie and her brother's. He wiped his hands on the cloth that hung from his pocket. 

Exactly then Sophie waddled in holding on to her back with one hand. "Why is the room blue? Nathan, how confident are you that it's going to be a boy?" 

Nathan narrowed his eyes at her. "I'm very confident it's going to be a boy. I'm so damn confident that I even decided the name... Nathan Junior." 

Sophie leaned against the door and made a barfing gesture. "Ew.  I can live with only one Nathan thank you very much!" 

"Don't say that! You happily married a Nathan." He looked sternly at her.

"I was forced okay!" Sophie giggled while putting her hands on her waist.

"Excuse you...The second time you married me out of your own damn will." Nathan laughed before taking Sophie in a gigantic hug being extra careful not to hurt the two. He placed his forehead against Sophie's and looked into his wife's eyes. "Because you loved me."

"And I still do." Sophie kissed his cheek.

 "Does that mean you're okay with a Nathan Junior or..." Nathan was quick to take his words back from the death glare he received afterwards. "Okay, okay nevermind!" He then placed a hand on her belly. "You can be whatever you want son. Just make daddy proud."

Sophie smiled. "What if it's a girl Nathan? Will it be as smart, caring, hardworking, loyal, funny, charismatic, charming-" 

"We get it... you're all those traits and more. Boy or girl, I'd want them to be exactly like you. Plus my good looks of course." Nathan brushed a hand through his hair and got down on his knees, and put his head to her 8 month grown belly. "I think it just kicked me. It fucking kicked look." Nathan's face was glowing, and he scrambled for Sophie's hand so she could see for herself. 

Sophie nodded in the midst of tears. "This isn't the first time."

Nathan jumped up in joy. "I know, but this times it's like he is so ready to come out and jump right into my arms. Then he'll use his kicking skills to play ball with his dad...." He looked up to see Sophie shaking her head. "Or her dad!" 

Sophie laughed. "You can play ball later... but for now, he or she is starving!" 

Nathan held on to the biggest grin on his face, and without thinking twice he lifted Sophie up so she was completely off the ground. "You're like 8 pounds fatter now!" He stumbled before taking her to their room. They entered through the door and there was Fiona's picture on the wall. Right beside it was a picture of their actual wedding. He gently placed Sophie on the bed and kissed her forehead. "What do my precious ones want to eat?" 

Sophie sat upright and Nathan was quick to place a pillow behind her so she could lean. "We want something spicy for dinner. Along with something fried. And nothing green today... The baby is tired of eating healthy. Oh the most important.. don't forget something sweet for dessert! Maybe Godiva chocolate ice cream!" Sophie raised her arms in defense. "That's all the baby talking I swear." 

Nathan shook his head and pinched Sophie's nose. "I'll make fish and spinach. Good for the baby and the mom." 

"Aww no." Sophie frowned. "But ice cream?" 

"That's one thing I can get for you ma'am." Nathan bowed. "Oh and we're having friends over for lunch, sorry I forgot to tell you."

"Oh wonderful. I'll look like the hot mess I am at a gathering." Sophie sighed then rethought it. "Nathan be honest, do I look okay?" Then she somehow crawled out of bed and went over to the closet.

Nathan was quick to be at her side. "What are you doing? Didn't I tell you I was going to do everything for the next month?" He took out a maternity dress and guided her towards an open area. "Arms up."

Sophie laughed and bit her lower lip. "I'm not a child Nathan." Then she snatched the dress from his hands. "I can get dressed myself, while you go take a shower." She grabbed onto the collar of his shirt pulling him down. "Cause you have paint everywhere..." Then she licked his lips before giving him one big kiss.

 Nathan chuckled, walking backwards towards the washroom still staring at his wife. Big belly, tired, makeup less, often moody, and so demanding... but still he found her the most attractive woman he'd ever seen.  And when she kissed him like that, there was nothing sexier than her. "Hey babe..." He called out before walking through the washroom doors.

Sophie turned around midway from undressing. "Yeah? Do you need something..." 

"I love you." Nathan smiled. 

"Love you too Nathan... now go!" Sophie laughed before throwing a pillow that was on the bed in his direction.

Nathan smiled at his luck. He smiled at this beautiful world that the two had crafted together. He couldn't ask for anything more.

The two lived in Sophie's childhood home. This allowed Sophie to love her past memories all while creating new ones with Nathan. Now there was going to be a third addition to the family, and it brought such colour and life into the house that it couldn't be explained into simple words.  

After Nathan had showered and Sophie looked absolutely beautiful, baby bump and all, the two walked down the stairs slowly. Nathan had a protective arm around her waist trying his best to keep her in balance. Sophie didn't need all this extra support, but she never said no. Sophie knew how much Nathan wanted to care for her and how much she actually loved his extra attention, so she was always the one reaching out her hand for his when guided down the stairs.

When they got to the bottom Sophie was out of breath, but when she turned the corner, the last thing she wanted to do was sit down.

All the people in her living room took her by surprise as they shouted "Congratulations!" Sophie clasped on to Nathan's hand tightly, as she couldn't help but get emotional. "Aww, thank you everyone!"

The room was decorated with streamers and balloons both pink and blue. The couple had decided to keep the gender of the baby anonymous, so every gift was neutral. A huge banner hung from one side to the other, and it read "Sophie's Baby Shower!"

Sophie right off in the beginning was in tears. Everyone was all together and that was what mattered most to her. Jared was back from the military and stood in there holding a balloon like a proud uncle. Nathan's colleagues Dylan and Laura were here with their 3 year old son Max. The entire Turner family was here too. This included Derek and Ellie, but also Leighton and her new boyfriend, which Nathan had thrown a fit over when he had found out.  

The party was in full swing, and everyone was into playing games such as Guess the Belly Size, or pass the diaper around. But every so often, even when Sophie was in the midst of attention and Nathan was far out of the crowd, the two would exchange looks of comfort.

Sophie and Nathan were madly in love. In love with each other, in love with this family, and in love with the life they had created together. Both would repeat the hopeless situations from when they were only one another's blockages, to come to this beautiful happily ever after as one another's support. 

So we can all take Nathan and Sophie's relationship to learn that sometimes the people we think are the worst for our lives are the ones we cannot live without. Oh and here's a quote from Rabindranath Tagore to explain this concept further:

"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky."

I want to sincerely thank everyone who has read my story from the very beginning. You all are wonderful, and every single one of you has gone unnoticed. I am a simple girl and this story itself has brought so much hope and happiness into my life through the connections I am able to make with my readers. I will miss writing Sophie and Nathan's love story so much, but I finish it with a smile. Thank you for your endless support and motivation. Thank you for pushing me to continue writing. If it weren't for you this story would have ended somewhere in chapter 20 because I get lazy... Now, after I finish thoroughly editing the story, I will close this as complete YAY!!  But for the thousandth time... THANK YOU FOR READING!!!!! <3