Chapter 42

Hide and Freak

Sophie woke to find the house quite. Not a single sound could be heard other than her own breathing. She looked at her watch to see that the time was 12:34 pm. She hadn't even realized the passing of time as she completely zoned out in sleep. Sophie smiled as she removed the blanket that was now on her thinking it was her mom who put it there.

Sophie got up nostolgic, as she saw that she was in her room. She looked around herself at the pictures that were slanted on the walls. The wardrobe in the corner was filled with dust, and the cream wallpaper was peeling off. Spider webs were in every corner, and Sophie knew that it wasn't those moments when her mom would put a blanket over her if she fell asleep while studying. It was much worst.

It was as if the happy days were replaced with dark days. Everything was the same, but at the same time nothing was the same.

Sophie jumped up from her bed and ran to the door. She was scared. she was terrified to look at the empty bed across from her own that belonged to her dead brother. She wanted to get out of her own haunted room.

Sophie's heartbeat sped up by a million as she ran through the hall and down the stairs. It was dark, her mom was sleeping in the other room, and all she wanted to do was get out of here.

Sophie slid her hand frantically around the wall for a switch. She needed to calm down but she just couldn't.

Right before she could flip the switch in the living room, someone grabbed her wrist and spun her around. With one eye barely open he managed to look at Sophie in her state of absolute insanity.

Sophie screamed at the sudden touch. She yanked her hand away out of impulse and backed away towards the wall until she couldn't back up anymore.

"Sophie it's me." Nathan reached over her head to which Sophie jumped out of fear, and he tried to turn the light on but it wouldn't work. The electricity in the house was out.

At that point Sophie recognized who was infront of her. Her eyes had adjusted to the darkness. She immediately smashed her face into Nathan's chest as she hugged him. She held on like it was her life at risk.

Nathan was taken back and slightly tumbled backwards at the force in which she came towards him, but he knew that something was wrong and she needed comfort. He could feel Sophie's entire body trembling in fear.

"Go away. Go away. Go away." Sophie repeated over and over again into Nathan's sweater.

Nathan was confused. Sophie was acting strange, and this side of her worried him extremely. "Hey, you're scaring me Sophie." He tried to remove her grip from around him just so he could see her face.

Sophie repeated the same thing over and over again. "Go away. Go away."