Telling Maddie

I was picking up Maddie early from school. I waited until today to tell her what she was getting for a sibling. I was so nervous. What if she was upset with what I'm having?
"Mommy!" Maddie says excitedly as soon as she sees me.
"Hey baby girl" I say and bend down to her height.
"Why you here early mommy?" Maddie asked curiously.
"I thought you and I could spend the day together. Also mommy has something she wants to tell you." I say with a smile.
"Okay mommy!" Maddie says excitedly and ran to get her stuff. I sign her out and smile to her teacher. I take Maddie's hand and we leave.
"How about we go eat and then mommy will tell you whether your getting a baby brother or sister" I say as I smile down at Maddie.
"Okay mommy! I'm excited!" Maddie says with a smile.
I wish I could say the same I mean I'm a single mom ever since I got into a fight with Maddie's father.
"So what you want to eat princess?" I asked my little girl.
"Wendy's!" Maddie said excitedly.
"Okay" I say and we head to Wendy's.
I get Maddie her chicken nuggets, chocolate frosty and fries and I just get a baked potato with sour cream and butter with a lemonade.
"So how was school today?" I asked my princess.
"It was fun! We made a craft today! I can't wait to give it to you mommy!" Maddie said.
"That's great princess!" I say with a smile.
Maddie and I then just talked about everything. We then headed to the park.
"I go play mommy?" Maddie asked as I sat at a bench with her.
"Yes but first mommy wants to talk to you" I say as I hold Maddie close to me in my lap.
"What is it mommy? Is daddy coming back?" Maddie asked curiously. I could feel tears fill my eyes.
"No princess I'm sorry. You see he really hurt mommy so that's why we're staying with your grandpa's for a bit" I say sadly.
"Oh. I'm sorry mommy" Maddie said sadly
"It's not your fault Maddie. Never think it is." I say and kiss her forehead
"Then what you need to tell me mommy?" Maddie asked curiously.
"You know how mommy is having a baby?" I asked Maddie.
"Yeah?" Maddie asked
"Well here you go. Open this to find out if you're getting a brother or sister" I say taking a present out of my bag and giving it to Maddie. She opened it to see a blue bear and a shirt that said don't mess with my baby brother.
"Really mommy! A baby brother!" Maddie said happily.
"Actually you're getting two?" I ask nervously
"Yes! I can't wait! I help mommy! I be the best big sister to them!" Maddie said and kissed my stomach
I kissed Maddie's forehead and she ran off to play for a bit. Well I'm glad she took the news well.