Bad Day

I started school a few weeks ago and if I'm being honest I hated it. I hated being away from my kids even if it was only for a few hours. I had decided to major in music and minor in teaching.
Right now I had just finished up with my music class and was heading to my creative writing class when I happened to end up bumping into someone and falling to the floor. I looked up and saw a girl with black hair and red tips and blue eyes.

"S-Sorry." I stuttered shyly.

"It was my fault." The girl said and put her hand out for me to take. I took it and she helped me up.

"Hi I'm Melody." The girl said with a smile.

"I'm Courtney. Nice to meet you." I said with a smile.

"Can I walk you to your next class?" Melody asked.

"Sure I have creative writing next." I said.

"Me too! How come I've never noticed you before? I think I would have noticed a pretty girl like you." Melody said with a smile.

"I-I j-just started classes a few weeks ago." I said nervously.

"Mid semester?" Melody asked.

"I'd rather not talk about it." I said wanting to drop the subject.

"Okay." Melody said confused.

Once we were in creative writing I could hear people whispering about me like they always do. No matter how hard I tried to keep it a secret somehow most of the school found out I was a teen mom. I don't mind being a mom, but I hate that people are always talking behind my back. I sat down next to Melody and started our journal assignment.

"Is everything alright?" Melody passed a note.

"I'm fine, I just wish people weren't talking about me." I wrote.

"So what if they are people talk about me all the time." Melody wrote.

"You may not care but I do." I wrote.

"Whatever they are saying can't be that bad. Just ignore it like I do." Melody wrote.

"Easier said than done." I wrote and continued on the journal. We then talked about different types essays. For our assignment we had to write a short narrative about our life empathizing on what makes your life so blessed or not so blessed. The bell then rang and I got up from my seat quickly and headed out the door.

"Hey Courtney! Wait up." Melody yelled but I continued walking. She finally caught up to me as I headed to the car my dad got me.

"What?" I said not in the mood.

"Look I'm sorry if I made you upset. I didn't mean to." Melody said.

"I know." I said.

"Hey slut!" I heard a guy say coming over to me.

"She's not a slut so why don't you back off Bryce." Melody said.

"Didn't you hear Melody this girl's a teen mom. She can't even keep it in her pants." Bryce said and I feel tears in my eyes.

"So who cares. She's probably not the only teen mom in this school and that doesn't make her a slut. Why don't you just got back to your pathetic friends and leave us be." Melody said telling Bryce off.

"Watch your back Melody and your little friend's too." Bryce said and walked away.

I then opened my car door and was about to get in but Melody stopped me.

"Don't listen to him. He's a jerk that's all bark and no bite." Melody said.

"I'll see you later Melody." I said just wanting to go home and cuddle with my boys. I got in my car and drove off before she could say anything else and headed home.

Once I was home I parked the car and grabbed my bag and headed inside to see my twin boys asleep on the couch with grandpa Harry but no Maddie. I didn't worry about it too much and started on my assignment just wanting to get it does for creative writing. Once it was done I felt a hand on my shoulder and jumped.

"Easy there princess. Are you alright?" My dad Louis asked.

"I'm fine. Just a rough day at school." I said.

"Want to talk about it?" My dad asked.

"Not really. Where's Maddie?" I asked.

"I just put her down for a nap. She had a long day at the zoo with me today." My dad Louis said.

"Alright." I said getting up and heading to my room but my dad grabbed my wrist before I could leave the kitchen.

"You would tell me if something was bothering you right? Or your other dad right?" My dad asked.

"Yeah I just don't want to to talk about it right now. I've had a long day." I said and headed upstairs to take a nap.