Get To Know (Part 3)

Natasha's P.O.V

The Avengers were told to convene in a conference room an hour after Banner's time with Percy. When Fury stalked in the lights dimmed automatically.

"JARVIS, file: Percy Jackson, quality review" Stark said

"Percy Jackson. Age 19 Height: 6 ft, 1, Weight: 190 lbs. Average intelligence, with outstanding knowledge in Strategy, Battle and Interrogation. Has a multitude of battle strategies, fighting skills and the ability to assess people in his vicinity. Is an excellent swordsman, has above average strength. Will be able to adapt to Leader, Field Fighter and Strategist. Most useful in close combat. His past is riddled with death and suffering. Proceed with caution."  

"So, he is good in battle can be unstable at times. Good combination." Stark said

"Kind of sounds like you." I said.

"What do we know?" Fury said

"He has fought in at least two wars and probably as many battles as Cap did during the 40's. He has suffered far more than any teenager should. They should worry about who they are going to take to the Prom. Not if they will even live to see the first poster about it." Banner said.

"I agree. He has lost those who loved him dearly. He had a girlfriend." He added. My ears perked up at that.

"He's a leader." Banner finished.

"Already have one of those." Stark said. 

"Could never hurt to have another." Steve spoke up. 

"If he truly is the son of Poseidon then the Avengers would be even more formidable in battle." was all Thor added. I noted a bit of tension in his voice though. 

"So we're all in agreement?" 

I made my way down to the holding cells to deliver the news to Percy. Of course the invitation was more so to establish a safety net for us. It's better to keep dangerous people close and if the kid could do some good why not extend the offer. The lower level was quiet, save for the soft thrumming from the overhead light. 

Percy's cell would be better described as a fully fitted room. Inside was a comfortable bed with a thick grey blanket and fluffy pillows, a desk, desk lamp, and mini rug. His beat up sneakers were neatly left by the sliding door, which parted for me as I approached. The bed wasn't beyond 2 steps into the room, and rested against the west wall. I made out his form laying on top the covers, slowly rising and falling with gentle breaths. The dim light of the room cast a beautiful glow over his skin and I couldn't prevent myself from remarking at how handsome he was. My instinct was to brush off the side comment and wake him. This felt like an invasion of some sort. My knuckles rapped on the glass twice.

His eyes shot open and he lurched upright. 

"What in Hades?!" He said half awake, his eyes wild like a tempest tossed sea.

I raised my eyebrow. 

"You startled me."

I smirked. "Demigods don't seem like the type to startle easy."

He frowned. "I'm sure even Thor gets jumpy."

I shook my head. He tilted his head. "Really?"

I shook my head again and he look genuinely defeated.

"You caught me. I'm just a regular human with a weird name and a magic sword."

"Ah. That's unfortunate. We're fully stocked on regular humans with weapons."

He paused and straightened up. 

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means I came down here to invite a demigod onto the team."

"You're serious?" He said, voice rid of any playfulness. I nodded. A beat went by before his lips moved towards a smile.

_______________________________________

Tony's P.O.V

I stared intently at the video screen, waiting for the right part. Bam! There it is. I paused the video. The moving character stopped and his face was turned to the camera. 

"Fury!"

"What is it Stark?"

"I got our guy."

He walked over to the screen and looked.

"It's just a kid, Stark."

"Now look." I replayed the footage from the beginning

It was security video from The Battle of New York. A kid was being cornered by Chitari warriors in front of a coffee shop. The kid was only about 12 but he jumped over the warrior and kicked his back sending the alien to hit his comrade in front of him. He then took the aliens fallen weapon and twirled it around in his hand. He spun around and slashed two of the aliens behind him, and fired a blast at one of the ones flying around him. He jumped on a car and flipped 5 times in the air before landing on an aliens head. All of them were dead now. He dropped the weapon and turned to the camera. He winked at it, and took off.

I stared at Fury. "Looks familiar doesn't he?"

"Bring him in."