Training

Percy's P.O.V

The digital clock read 10:02 when I woke, the bed perfectly made on Natasha's side. I slowly dressed and entered the kitchen in search of food. The rest of the team sat at the table, eating breakfast and such.  Natasha speared a sausage with her table knife. Ryan sat in fresh clothes farthest away from the others.

"The bridge between Greeks and mutants." Strucker's voice rang in my head.

"Well good morning sunshine." Tony said

I waved my hand and hoped the pause hadn't been too long. I sat down and poured a glass of water and forked three pancakes on my plate. I ate in silence. Every one continued on with their conversations. When I was down to my last pancake I felt something nudge my foot. I looked slightly to my left but Natasha was still looking at Tony listening to him talk. I saw her lips curve up the slightest bit. I nudged her back.

"Well, when everyone is done with breakfast head to the training level. It is customary for all recruits to show what they can do. So new people Wanda, Pietro and Ryan get ready.

They nodded and got up and went to get changed and do whatever was necessary.

__________________________

We all waited in the training room for the three to show up. Tony and Bruce were toying with some device and talking in a hushed tone. Steve was polishing his shield and Thor was casually spinning his hammer. Nat was on my lap playing with her hair. She had switched the style when she got back from the mission with Cap and it had been straight. Now it was back in curls, swept to one side like I liked. I massaged her back and tapped her knee. She smiled and leaned into me more and rested her head on my shoulder.

I heard the door open and they walked in. Pietro and Wanda had their usual outfits on but Ryan surprised me with his outfit.

He didn't wear the usual Camp Half Blood armor. He wore a more military getup. He had a tank top on with finger-less gloves and and pants and boots. The weird part was that he had a lot of holsters. He had a gun holsters on his hips, knife sheath on his leg and dual sword sheaths on his back. The weird part was that they were all empty. I knew what they were for though. His menacing weapon that could change form. I don't know if it had a name but having the experience of going against it, was frightening and I feel sorry for any lesser henchmen to go up against it. It kept you focused and on edge which was bad because then you couldn't slip up. He kept changing which made you have to keep up. It was draining. I knew this outfit probably came with the Elites which we would have to discuss soon. Personally and publically.

"Quicksilver" Tony said pointing to Pietro "Scarlet Witch" he pointed to Wanda "and...." he pointed to Ryan.

"Switchblade"

"Switchblade" He nodded in approval. "You three will be engaging in a group mission today. It will help us asses you and give us a better understanding of your powers and show us your strengths and weaknesses in battle. The goal for today's mission is to find an army's housing station, destroy said army and kill their leader. Clear?" They all nodded

"We will be observing from the booth up there" He pointed to an above room that out looked the entire training area.

"Good luck" Was his last words before he motioned for us to retreat to the observation booth.

3rd person P.O.V

The room and went dark and then light filled the room. At first it was as if nothing had changed. Then the pale grey roof turned to dusty grey as it reflected clouds on a bad day. Wreckage and debris flowed into the room. Raging fires and explosions soon followed. The three watched awestruck as hexagons moved across the room and left this realistic scene in it's wake. They soon snapped out of it and huddled up to form a strategy.