0.1

(Oh hi there. I am editing my book. So like, it'll be on hold, but then not be. Idk! But I'll keep you updated! Ta! Ta!)

🌸Emelyn's POV🌸

"I'll talk to you later!" I say to my best friend. I stopped right in front of the library doors, and let out the deep breath I didn't realize I was holding. Why am I scared? I've tutored lots of people and wasn't worried. I open the door at walk in and sit at the table I mainly tutor at. I quickly pull out my 'feelings' journal and write about the weird anxious feeling that has tried to overcome me.

All of a sudden I hear a plump next to me and a chair screeching against the tile floor. I jump and cover my ears from the deathly sound.

"Oh, sorry" I hear and look at the 'most cutest boy in school'. Brett Harbor. And yes, of course, he does that oh-so annoying smirk.

"It's ok.." I say turning back to my journal.

"So, what class?" He asks.

Confused, I look at him and say "All of them..".

"Ooh, you're that kind of person. See, I thought your brain was more educated, not filled with hairspray, but I shouldn't judge by your appearance."

"What did you just say to me?" I said calmly.

"Woah backer down tiger!" He mocked raising his arms in surrender.

"What do you mean? I'm way smarter than you think because I'm the—" I was cut off by Brett. Ugh.

"Look, I know you're upset. But aren't we here for the tutoring?"

I look at him and slowly nod.

"So what do you wanna do? 20 questions?" He starts and I just look at him like he said 'Oh hey! I don't know you, but wanna jump off a cliff with me?'

"No." I said as I shook my head.

"Come on, you're boring!"

"You don't even know me, and I don't know you." I say, knowing what was to come next.

"Of course you know me!" He says, making a smile tug my lips. NO EM, TURN THAT SMILE DOWN FOR A WHILE!

"So, what do you say? Trust me?" He asked with that signature stupid smirk, ugh I just wanted to rip it off of that puny face of his.

After a few seconds, I reply. "No."

"Aww, come on! Let's make the most of this prison!"

"It's not a prison. This is tutoring." I said giving him a glare.

"Yeah, and we need to wait for the tutor. Soooo.." What? Am I tutoring a 5 year old, or...?

"I am the tutor."

"Oh...."

"Yeah, so whatever this is—" I say pointing around his face. "—is going to have to wait for attention some other time."

"Wait, you're Emelyn Strong?" He said, disbelief in his voice.

"No, I'm Donald Trump. Yes, I'm Emelyn Strong. Why does that matter?" I asked wondering why he'd ask.

Well, I guess it wouldn't be a surprise if he knew me. I am pretty great. 

"Oh, it doesn't... Uh, well, tell me everything about you." He said sounding awkward.

"Um. No. Why?" 

"Please!!!" 

"Ugh. Fine. My name is Emelyn Strong. I'm one of the four children of Emily and Steven Strong. I am 17 years old. My birthday is August 11. I moved to LA when I was 14 years old from Utah. I have two younger brothers, Vance, six, and James, 14, and a little sister, Irisa, 2. All my family is Mormon/LDS. Is that enough, or do you need more?"

"Who's your uncle?" He asks suspiciously. I take a deep breath and act calm.

"Jeremy Strong," I answer calmly.

Brett does nothing but facepalms. What's going on? I know nothing.

"What's wrong?" I ask, and I'm answered with a groan.

Oh for The Life Of Me.

___________

Is this a good beginning to a story? I hope so!

• Don't be a silent reader, tell me how I need to improve! •

...vote

...comment

...do whatever people do

....and be yo nice self!

:)