1.8

a/n: ^^ my favorite song done by a small orchestra and piano

I got this.
I can do this.
This is a piece of cake.
Cake?
Oh great.

My stomach grumbled.

My nurse adjusted my IV and added a new tube of anesthesia. "I'm sorry honey. You can't eat before the surgery. You're lucky to get it this early in the morning."

I nod. "Yes. I understand. I need what's best for my body."

"Yes ma'am!" My enthusiastic Doctor, Dr. Likes, grins. "This'll be quick and easy. The procedure will be done before you know it!"

"Alright." I give a small smile. Worry has no place in this surgery.

"Now you're going to feel sleepy. Start counting from thirty." My doctor said, sitting in his rolling chair over me.

"Ok," I breathed in and felt sleep calling me. "Thirty, twenty-nine, twenty-eight, twenty-seven, twenty-six... twenty-five... twenty... four..."

I finally joined sleep and we had a date.

-------

"She's just a girl.." My mom sobbed. "What did she ever do to deserve this?"

"Sweetie, she didn't do anything wrong. She'll be strong. She's our girl." My dad comforted my mom.

I haven't opened my eyes. I can't. What's wrong with me?

-------

I couldn't sleep anymore. Off and on I woke up, but now I was completely awake.

I opened my eyes and looked around the darkened new room.

There slept The Bears, Brett, Jeremy and my brothers. Where were my parents and Irisa? And why were there so many guys here?

I looked to my right, a small table next to my bed. On the table was a clock, a Book of Mormon, a box of napkins and a cup of water with a straw in it. It was 5:30 in the morning.

I picked the cup up and tried to take a sip of the water my throat begged for, but I completely missed the straw. I snorted to myself and held onto the straw with my other hand to my mouth.

My snort startled Vance and he stood up walking to the left side of my bed.

"Hey Emmy," Vance says rubbing his eyes.

"Hey Vancey," My voice came out a half-talk, half-whisper.

At the nickname, Vance started to cry. I helped him up on my bed so he was laying next to me.

"What's wrong, Vancey?" I asked, wiping his tears. I grabbed a few tissues and handed him one to wipe his nose.

"I-I wish you didn't hurt. I wish I could be the one t-to f-feel your pain." Out of the mouth of a six year old, I was impressed. I hugged Vance gently, my right arm was killing me from the IV still stuck in my arm.

"Vance, did you know that Jesus Christ has felt everything you've felt?" I asked him, wiping his tears still.

"Really?" Vance asks, his crying ceasing.

"Yeah!" I said, my voice slowly coming back to normal. "When Jesus was in the Garden of Gethsemane, he knelt down and prayed to Heavenly Father, asking him to forgive everyone who had lived before him, who was living, and who would love after him, and that's us. He bled from every pore in his skin for you, and for me, and everyone who was given a body. He felt everything anyone has gone through."

Vance looked at me with amazement. "Jesus Christ knows your pain?"

"Yeah!" I smiled at my little brother. I saw what a beautiful son of God he was. Looking around the room, slowly the boys woke up, and I saw son's of God again.

Vance handed me his unused tissue. "For your tears."

For a second, I was confused. Once I reached up and felt my face, I felt the wetness on my cheeks. I gratefully took the tissue and wiped my tears.

"Thank you so much Vance. You have done me so many wonders already!" I hugged him again, and saw James come up to me.

"Good to see you awake," James commented, yawning. "You do look a little zombie like, though."

I laughed. "Does that mean I can be in The Walking Dead?"

James looked at me, sadly. "They're trying to give others chances, not just let professionals do it all, but I'll totally persuade them to hire you." I laughed softly, and James' face turned into concern.

"Are you alright?" James asks.

Smiling, I nodded. "I'm in the Lord's hands."

James smiled too, partly of worry.

a/n: you don't have to listen to song, I just like it right now.

Question: Are you team Bremelyn(Brett and Emelyn) or Semelyn(Sebastian and Emelyn) or just Emelyn?

I know it's pretty sad right now, but you'll learn more about what's wrong with Emelyn in the next chapter!

IT WILL GET HAPPIER AND BETTER!

p.s. I just want Emelyn to be in The Bear's classes already!!

p.p.s if you're ever confused, visit mormon.org
it will help!