1.3

The next two days for me were embarrassing, but longing.

Like, I was embarrassed, but the same time, I wanted to kiss him again. I don't know, it's weird.

I also was super nervous for tonight. The date.

I've kinda been iffy on the whole thing. But I think I may be catching feelings for Brett.

Speaking of Brett, here he is in front of my locker as I walk towards it.

"Hello," I say, looking at him.

"Hey!" He says, smiling.

I smile back, "why are you here?"

"I need an education." He explains.

I roll my eyes. "In front of my locker, I mean."

"Your locker?" He asks, looking at my locker. "Oh, is this your locker? I could've sworn this was mine, well see you later!" And then he was gone.

Well, ok then.

Pushing the curiosity out of my head, I open up my locker.

And what a surprise it was.

A small envelope falls out of my locker, surprising me. I bend down and pick it up, smiling softly at it. The cursive Emelyn is beautifully written.

I open the letter and read it.

I'm super excited for tonight. Wear something comfy, preferably black.  See you tonight ;)
                                     -b

Even with the written wink face, I roll my eyes and gather my stuff from my locker, heading to my first class.

For the first time, it was hard to concentrate on class. The only thoughts I had on AP Calculus was Brett smiling at me. THAT'S NOT ME. I want to be normal Emelyn now. Not boy crazy.

I push everything to the back of my head and look at the passage on the paper in front of me. The project we're doing in English is a poem that entitles 'something that bothers us'. Therefore that's what my poem is about, but something about it bugs me.

Yes, some roses are red, and some violets are blue
But, I am yellow.. or purple
I haven't decided which to choose
Colors are colors
Races are races
You may stand anywhere
There are many places
We are all different
We don't think alike
Why can't we be kind
And not hurt or strike
You matter as much as she does
Your worth is so much more
Why do we live in a world
That always leaves us sore?

I hate the separation of races, sexes, and all. But before I can point out the thing that is bugging me, the bell rings.

Huh, I've been thinking, for an hour.

--------

I reached into my drawers and took out sweatpants and a shirt, both black.

I tried them on. Eh. They look fine.

I quickly turned my phone on and checked the time. 6:15.

I smiled to myself and texted him.

When will you be here?

After a few minutes, he texts back.

Sorry. Idk if I'll make it tonight.

I frown at the text.

Oh

I look down at my clothes. Eh, I'll sleep in this.

Dang. I feel like crap. I say a prayer and sigh. Maybe.. there's a reason we couldn't go on the date. Maybe... Heavenly Father didn't think it was a good idea.

"Emelyn! Can you please get the mail? Thank you!" My mother yells and I groan.

"Ok," I yell back, stuffing my phone into the pocket of my sweatpants. I slide into my slides.

I walk down the stairs and out the door.

Immediately, my eyes are covered and I can't see anything.

I laugh and speak. "Mom. My birthday isn't until next year."

I don't get an answer.

"Mom?"

I'm now pushed forward, and near a round object. A car?

Yep, a car. I'm shoved in.

"Sebastian! Don't shove her so hard!" A familiar voice says. Who is it? I can't put a name on his voice.

"Shut up Jordan!" Another familiar voice hisses. Jordan! That's his name!

"Jordan!" I exclaim!

"Yeah, babe?" Jordan says I bet he's smirking.

"How did you know my name?" I ask, looking in the direction of his voice. "Do you.. like me?"

"Uh.. um... I'm sorry, babe, but... I don't–" he speaks until I cut him off.

"You don't like me? How dare you? You flirt with me and know my name, but then you just lay me off like one of those girls?" I crack my voice and turn to my lap. I fake cry, and mentally high five myself.

I feel arms drape around my shoulders. "No. It's not like that! Don't cry!!!"

I turn to him again. I smile. "Ok."

"Really babe?" Why did I say that? He's giving me butterflies.

"My name's not babe. It's Emelyn." I hear an 'oh' and ask. "Can I take the bandana off?"

I hear 4 voices yell. "No!"

"Ok. Sheesh." I lift my arm. "Declan, the buff, and the driver. Sebastian, the leader, the one in the passenger seat. Jordan, the gir– I mean the funny guy, on my left. And... I don't about you, on my right."

"That's good." The guy said on my right. What's his name? Let's go with 'bob'.

"Um," I said scooting away from him. "Ok..."

The car erupted with laughter. A whisper sounded on my right.

"We both know you want me." Bob.

I lifted my head in shock. I turned to object, but we were so close, I could feel his breath.

The car got quiet, and I moved away again.

"Just kiss already," Sebastian said annoyed.

"No!" I said and crossed my arms stubborn. "What are we doing anyway?" 

"That's a secret," Jordan said, cheekily. I just know he's smirking.

"Tell me! I can keep secrets." I exclaim, turning to face Jordan. 

"Then it wouldn't be a secret!" Jordan said in a sing-song voice. 

I slouch down in my seat. "Ugh." I groan.

~~~~~~~  

Hey guyssssss! I changed it because it made me feel uncomfortable :0 hopefully y'all feel good about this.

It's me! It's General Conference holiday so I wrote, not 1, but 2 chapters! Enjoy!!

LDS.org

Comment what I should do better, and vote if you want?

See ya soon ',:)

<3