That's What You Do in a Herd (Part 2)

Slade's eyes widened as he looked down to see Alvin laying on the ground with a bullet hole in him.

Growling, Slade looked at the man and popped his claws out, slowly going closer to him dangerously.

The man gulped and dropped the gun, than ran away in fear.

Slade had gotten tougher since the last time he had seen him.

Retracting his claws and teeth, Slade then looked at Alvin worried, seeing he was passed out and losing blood, he gently picked him up and rushed him to the hospital.

*after the doctors work on him*

Alvin opened his eyes and groaned in pain. He looked around, instantly recognizing where he was, then he looked down at his chest which was bare and had wrapping around the wound.

Laying his head back, he then heard the door open and a gasp.

"Alvin!"

Alvin managed a smile as Slade ran up to him and gently held his hand. "Oh, I'm so glad that you're okay... I was so worried..."

Alvin softly gripped Slade's paw as he looked at him.

Staying quiet, Slade fiddled with the ring on Alvin's finger quietly. Alvin?... why would you do that for me?"

Alvin just stared at Slade as he coughed and sat up, trying to control his voice.

"Because... t-that is what y-you do in a h-herd..."

"Huh?"

"I-I mean that's what y-you do for a l-loved one..."

Slade just nodded and slowly leaned his head closer to Alvin's, making the red clad chipmunk blush.

Resting his hand on the back of his head, Slade brought Alvin as close to him as possible, then kissed him.