Twenty-eight

Your POV

I knock lightly on the door, not wanting to scare Signe.

I hear a faint sigh, "Come in."

She looks over to me, eyes threatening to burst into tears, each breath struggling to hold back.

Hugging her close, I start to speak, "I'm so sorry, Signe. I wish I could tell you why he's done this. I really do. But I think the only other one who knows is Mark."

She smiles up at me gratefully, "I know... I just expected to be with him for a long time. I wanted to see the world with him. Grow old together. Have kids. Apparently that future was one sided..."

Frowning, I hug her tighter, "Mark and I were just about to watch some movies together, wanna join us? There'll be popcorn."

She nods, and we start to get up.

___

Marks POV

"MARKI?" I hear from the kitchen, "BUTTER?"

I chuckle lightly, "OBVIOUSLY!"

Suddenly, my phone vibrates in my pocket.

S: Did I do the right thing?

I frown at my phone and start to compose my message.

M: No. You messed up. Bad.
S: What?! I took your advice!
M: I said you had to choose. There were so many better ways to go about that.
S: Like what?!
M: Not doing that right after she got home from a nice day out and while you're in MY HOUSE WITH THE "SOMEONE ELSE"??

"Marki?"

I turn around and smile, setting my phone down.

"Let's get this marathon started." I say.

(Y/N) runs over to the couch, snuggling up to me, and resting her head on my shoulder. Signe sits on the end of the couch and grabs a fluffy blanket, crying but obviously thankful of how sweet (Y/N) was to let her join.

"Wiish. I'm sorry. Sean's can be a dick. You can do better." I console, smiling sadly in her direction.

"Thanks." She says bluntly, hugging the blanket closer.