Friend Zone + Insecurity

"Did you see Mystery's consort last night?" "Oh yeah! She's such a great singer!" "I wonder what she looks like?" "She's probably REALLY pretty!"

I walked into the girl's bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror, I studied my facial features. I don't get it. I shook my head. What a disappointment, they won't see beauty, they'll see flaws, I'm not the singer that they wanted to see. I looked down at my shoes and rubbed my eye with the back of my hand. Why are you worrying about looks? I asked myself.

        I walk out of the girls' bathroom and meet face first into a chest, I looked up. "Hi Akise . ." I said nervously. I thought back about the almost kiss. I blushed, holding my face with my hands.

Akise noticed and ruffled my hair. I blinked. Akise smiled. "We're still good friends, right?" Good friends. Good friends. Good friends. Good friends. Good friends . . Those words echoed in my head. It hit me like an arrow, it felt like I was crushed by a huge rock that was labeled, friend zoned. I was internally screaming inside. I closed my eyes and nodded, giving Akise a small smile. "Yeah, of coarse!"

        Akise smiled and wrapped is arm around my waist, I blushed from the contact. "Wh-wha?" Akise noticed my uneasiness and said, "If you don't feel comfortable then I can-" I quickly cut the handsome detective off. "No!" Akise was surprise by my sudden outburst. My face was as red as a tomato, I'm so embarrassed. "I- I uh-" I sighed and calmed my self down. I looked back at Akise. "I'm okay with it." Akise nodded with a smile. "Okay."

Akise and I started walking to class. It was silent, but not an uncomfortable silent, there was noise all around us, but none coming out from us.

        We made it to class. I sat right behind Akise. I thought to my self, looking down at my palms, "Yeah, no wonder I don't have much friends."

I never really had a group of friends, I was always alone, the only time that people would actually talk to me was when we had to work with partners or groups in school, but I was always by myself, I was never in a crowd, I avoided, but watched conflict, I became very observant and more aware of my soundings, just waiting for chaos to happen to entertain myself, so I always watched the popular groups, there was lots of drama between them.

        "Hello? Earth to Kadia!" I blinked twice and looked up. Hinata waved a hand around my face while Mao took a picture of my zoned out face. I blinked a few more from the flash that came out of Mao's phone when she took a picture. I looked back at Kadia. "Uh- yes?" Hinata said. "Class ended!" My eyes widened. "I didn't even take any notes!" Mao giggled. "You were really zoned out for a while there, Kadia. We weren't sure if we should wake you up from your mind!"

I rolled my eyes, "You should of." I sighed and stood up from my seat. "Okay, let's go?" Hinata and Mao shook their heads. "We can't go to the meeting." I tilted my head to the right. "Why not?" I asked. Mao said. "We have to do something." Hinata nodded. I scratched the top of my head. "Ah, um okay. So I guess it'll be just me, Akise, Amano, and Kosada." I sighed.

        Hinata patted my shoulder. "Good luck with Akise!" I blushed and waved my arms in the air. "A- It's nothing like that! I- I-!" Hinata and Mao laughed at my nervousness. "Good luck, Kadia!"

I nodded and watch them leave the classroom. I looked at Akise's desk. Soon, I also walked out of the classroom.

        Amano and Kosada took off running somewhere. I called out their names. They turned around to me. I asked where they were going off to. They replied, "We need to take care of something." Just like Hinata and Mao did before. I nodded, allowing them to leave, I walked to the closet, Akise, sitting on a desk by himself, scrolling though his phone.

My eyes widened as I noticed something. I bit my nails. "This all makes sense now! They left because they wanted Akise and I alone!" I looked back at Akise through the door window. Hinata's words echoed in my head, "Good luck with Akise!" I blushed, slouching as I think about those sneaky people. "They're so mean." I looked back at Akise and sighed. "Here it goes!"

        I walked in and greeted Akise with a warm smile. Akise did the same. (Ohh~ They're all alone~ Anyone want me to make a lemon? Or smut? *note the sarcasm*)

I waved, "Hey Akise." Akise put his phone back into his jacket pocket. "Hey Kadia." Akise looked behind me. "Where is everyone else?" I said, "They all had to do something." Akise nodded, "Ah, I see." I nodded. "Yeah." It was silent, this time an uncomfortable silence. "So uh- I-" "So-" Akise and I said at the same time, trying to break this awkwardness.

        "No you go first- stop copying me- okay this is really creepy- STOP IT!" Akise and I looked at each other for a couple of minutes, then burst out laughing. I wiped a funny tear away.

Akise smiled. "It feels like old times, doesn't it Kadia?" I looked back at when it was just Akise and I solving cases, nodding and said, "Yeah, agreed!" I leaned my head on Akise's shoulder.

        Akise rested his chin on my head. "I have to tell you something Kadia." "Hmmm?" I hummed to the fellow detective in response, signaling him to continue.

Akise sighed and continued, "I lov-" My phone rang. I removed my head from out of Akise's shoulder, I apologized, "I'm sorry, I have to take this!"

        I flipped open the phone and answered, "Hello?" "Kadia! Where are you! I told you to come home after school so you can do chores!" I scratched the back of my head. "Ah, sorry mom, I forgot." "Uhhhh hmmmmmm!" I giggled and hung up. I said, "I'm sorry, but I have to go home." Akise nodded with a frown. I asked, "What were you going to tell me, Akise?"

Akise shook his head with a smile, a smile so fake that even a toddler can tell. "No, it's not important, don't worry about it Kadia! You should go home." I nodded, seeing through his lie, it was important. I frowned because he wouldn't tell me. I nodded. "Okay . . ." I walked up to the door, looked behind me, back to Akise. "Tell me later, okay?" Akise nodded, "Yeah, I will." I nodded and opened the sliding door and left to go home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1,144 words, that's not that much, I'm very sorry for the short chapter everyone! What do you think that Akise was trying to tell Kadia? If you don't know then find out next time on the next chapter that I will be making soon! Stay positive everyone! I hope you have a great day or night!