A chat with 9th

"I got to hand it to ya. That was a hell of a call." Nishijima says. He picks up his jacket and rests it on his arm then faces Akise.

"Yeah. Well once I let the wheels turn, it seems obvious that seven's strategy would sent around, stealing their phones." The albino looks out the window and puts his hands in his pockets. "The question now is how long he'll let the two of them live."

I peak out the window as well to see what took Akise's interest. It appears to be Gasai hiding behind bushes spying on Yukitaru, his father, and 9th.

"What a pity." I said as I cross my arms over my chest. "I can't bealive she has nothing better to do then watch Yukitaru." I lean my head against the window. "Must be quite boring . . . I wonder how she lasts that long." I ask. I don't expect a reply from the man of authority and the handsome investigator.

*~*~*

"Oh, I didn't expect you to be here alone. You're usually cuddling up next to Akise~" The purple haired criminal leaned against the railing. A vein popped out of my forehead, but I decided that it was best that I ignore her comment.

"So, did I do what you wanted?" I nod. "Yeah. Um, sorry to be covert. We want Yukitaru to think that ninth has a plan to take out seven. It's the only way to prevent the love birds from destroying his phone outright. They think that there is information to be had, the pair has to hold off until they can glean as much as possible."

"Yeahh, but it's a bald-face lie!" I agreed. "Yeah it is, but it's good enough to buy us some time to make plans. Believe me," I rub the back of my neck, then looked straight at her, "I'll take whatever advantage I can get against these people!" 9th saw a flame of determination light in her eyes. "I want to prevent blood shed! I want to stop this so-called-game."

I shake my head and blink a few times, "Anyways," I look at the papers in my hand, "Thank for helping. It's going to save Yukitaru's life." 'I know Akise will be happy about this.'

The criminal shrugs, "Solid reasoning. Sounds like you thought it through really good." I look down and kick the concrete below me. "Actually, it was Akise's idea." "Huh?"

'Why are you getting jealous?' I thought. 'What if he is a better detective than you? You can learn from him. Who cares . . . right?'

"I think you should stop scratching yourself, looks like you're going to bleed." I look at my arm and see that I was unknowingly scratching it was my long nails. They left red marks on my skin.

Uryuu sighs and stood up. I look back up at her. "Well whoever's brain child this was, somebody owes me for playing it cool!" She walks over to her motorcycle and put on her helmet.

I scratch the back of my head and murmur, "That's what you call playing it cool?"

I said. "What about my thanks of a girl who wishes to fulfill her late aunts wish?" "Stop it." Uryuu demands. She continues. "I hate it when people talk about the dead like they need help. If they're in the ground, it's a waste of your friggin time. Believe me, charity is much better spent on the living."

She starts the vehicle's engine and starts to ride off. "Unless you're the kind of idiot who prefers to let the past consume her." I watch her ride off until I couldn't see her anymore.

I was taken back. I didn't expect her to say something like that. I look up at the clear, blue sky. But to be honest, it's my fault for mentioning the deceased. I look back at the rode Uryuu took to ride on. Did I trigger a memory that she didn't like? Did something happen to her loved one that made her what she is today?

I start to head back. "Probably . . time will tell."

A/N~ Thank you for sticking around and reading ♥