28. envy

NARUTO'S P.O.V

"Thank you..Naruto."

I looked down at my hands and shook my head slightly. "You know..It must be hard for you 'ttebayo." I softly said turning serious. "You should accompany her-"

"It looks like she likes you way better." Sasuke interrupted me, and leaned back against the wall as he chuckled. "Have you seen how happy she is around you? If you haven't noticed, you are really an idiot."

"Don't talk non-sense!" I blurted out as I felt my cheeks getting warm. "She doesn't like me like that 'ttebayo.." I huffed and then he said something that was unexpected.

"I envy you, Naruto."

"Wait..what-"

"I envy you."

"..Why 'ttebayo?"

"You've been in her life much longer than me, been there for her when nobody else was." Sasuke looked out the window and placed his hand against the glass. "..I'm jealous."

I was surprised to hear this, Sasuke wasn't the type of person to talk about his emotions with someone, especially someone like me but I knew why, and understood why he was telling me this.

He wanted to leave without regrets.

"And now..you'll be with her much longer than I will." He continued to speak, but this time I swore I heard his voice crack.

"How much time left..Sasuke-teme?"

"Not much, that's all I know."

"I see 'ttebayo.."

Sasuke stayed quiet for a few minutes, as if he was trying to control his emotions, which he succesfully achieved in doing but then he just kept talking. "I don't get it, dobe."

"What was that? Did I just hear that from the great Sasuke?" I asked with a joking manner and leaned forward.

"Shut up."

I scoffed and looked at him. "But anyways what were you sayi-"

"All I did was fall in love..with her."

After Sasuke had confessed his love. I kept quiet thinking about what to say. I wasn't the the type of person to give advice, but he really needed someone. He's my friend, even though he's a total jerk, I knew I should help him out with this.

"You say she likes me way better..but Sasuke-teme, have you seen the way she always wants to be with you? To help you 'ttebayo?"

"No.."

"Then you're the idiot here."

A/n: sorry for this SHORT CHAPTER AND FOR NOT UPDATING YESTERDAY

AS YOU KNOW FELLOW READER-CHAN, School is just around the corner and *sigh*

YEAH- *cries*

TYTYTYTY