989 A.D

The picture above is Darlene de bargay as a child(pronounced:do-bar-gay)Lets get on with the story.

Lucien castle p.o.v:

"Lucien,where are you?" I heard Darlene calling as we played hide and go seek out in the forest.I moved my body so I was behind the tree completely so there was no piece of my clothes showing.Darlene is a princess who is to be a queen one day and I'm not supposed to be talking to her,let alone playing with her and being her friend,because she is a princess and I'm just a commoner,a servant,like a boring maid,who,by the words of the queen,"is not good enough for my precious Darlene and needs to stay away",but Darlene doesn't care.Thats why I like her so much,she is sweet and funny and kind no matter what,but she was always so independent."Lucien,oh,Lucien where have u gone of to?" I heard her saying in a distance,and I giggled lightly before shutting my mouth.I could hear her feet crunching on the fallen leaves as she walked closer.My breath was caught in my throat as she inched closer and closer to me.I was fearful but it was fun playing with her.All of a sudden there is silence and I can not hear Darlene walking anymore and that's when worry started to concern me,I walked out from behind the tree and I was greeted with silence,nothing but wind blowing through the warm autumn air.I took a few steps on the orange colored leaves that where spread against the ground and started walking trying to listen for Darlene.I stopped for a moment to see if I could hear anything besides my steps on the crunching leaves.When I didn't hear anything panic started to enter my body.I and Darlene are only 9 years old,where would a 9 year old princess go.Maybe she was caught by her mother or she just left me alone cause she got bored.I was pulled out of my thoughts by a loud voice saying "BOO" and I jumped and landed on the ground.I turned around to be met by none other then Darlene de bargay,laughing the life out of her.Her brown eyes where sparkling with amusement as she stopped laughing and said "I found you".My cheeks where red with embarrassment as i realized I probably looked stupid sitting on the ground.I stood up and dusted myself off as I said "Darlene you cheated,Where did u go,what happened?" She simply giggled before replying with "I was fine,Lucien.I just simply waited for u to come out,I'm sorry I gave u such a scare.I was relieved more then I was disappointed in her for cheated,so I wrapped my arms around her petite waste and almost instantly she hugged me back and whispered "I'm sorry for scaring you" and I just pulled back an looked at her before giving her a small,but warm smile as my forgiveness.She smiled back before she plopped herself on the leaves and laid on her back staring at the sky,I cocked my eyebrow at her actions and she started to pat the spot next to her,signaling for me to come sit as well.I laid down and copied her action by laying on my back before she grabbed my hand and looked me in the eyes and said "promise me that you will be my friend always and forever".I looked at her with fondness in my eyes before slightly squeezing our linked fingers and repeated "Always and forever".

Little did I know that,that phrase would take a whole other meaning in the future.

If you have any questions or problems with this story just tell me or message me or something...
Tell me in the comments if you think over all that Darlene should be with Tristan,Lucien,or klaus.I will try to publish a chapter every Saturday,if I don't u have permission to yell at me.
BYE BYE LUV U-Aaliyah mikaelson xoxo