Birthday excitment(part1)

Quick clarification,Darlene is turning 10,Lucien has a crush on Darlene and Darlene doesn't know yet.Sorry I'm doing so many past chapters,just wanna make sure you guys are caught up and there will probably be like 2-3 more chapters about the past.If u don't like that put it in the comments.EnJoY!

Lucien's p.o.v:

I woke up with excitement,but also fear inside of me.My mother had allowed me to go to darlenes birthday ball while she works.I was excited for Darlene,but I could not think of what gift to get a girl as perfect as her,I know she says my friendship is enough,but surely it is not.I put on a nice shirt and pants,that looked pretty expensive,not even as good as Darlene and the queens clothing,but surely I looked fine.i brushed through my hair and styles it to perfection and put on my shoes.I took a peek outside before realizing it was still a little early for Darlene and she probably wouldn't be up for a while(cause she loves to sleep in,so I let her).I went out through the forest and walked until something scratched my pant leg and I looked down and saw a marvelous white rose.

I went out through the forest and walked until something scratched my pant leg and I looked down and saw a marvelous white rose

I picked it up,ignoring the thorns and smiled,knowing this would be perfect for darlene.Right now,I could care less about what time it was,because I needed to see darlene.I ran as fast as I could and looked down occasionally to make sure I didn't ruin my shoes or pants.I finally reached the hole and removed the pieces of cardboard and Rock that hid it and crawled through when I reached the stair case,I was extra quiet and when I got to her closet door that was shut,I knocked with one hand,while keeping the other that held the rose behind my back,and when I heard foot steps to the closet door I got nervous,but all that went away when I saw the most stunning girl I had ever seen before stand in front of me,looking like a goddess.

I finally reached the hole and removed the pieces of cardboard and Rock that hid it and crawled through when I reached the stair case,I was extra quiet and when I got to her closet door that was shut,I knocked with one hand,while keeping the other...

Her pink dress complemented her tan skin and the sparkles on her dress didn't even compare to the sparkle in her eyes.She caught me staring and smiled,she was going to say something,but I cut her off "happy birthday,Darlene,you look magnificently perfect!",she hugged me quickly before realizing that my hand was hid and she titled her head and cocked an eyebrow before trying to look behind me,which caused
me to jump back and pull my arm further behind me.She smiled a playful smile before inviting me in,as I stepped in I realized how big her room was,it looked as big as my house and was full of bright paintings and colors."Your room is beautiful,Darlene",she closed her closet door And recovered the hole before saying "thank you".I sat on her bed with her and held her hand and looked her in the eye before saying "I know this is probably a terrible gift but here" and then I pulled out the rose and looked down disappointedly.She lifted my head back up before pulling me into an embrace and pulled away with a smile."This is the best gift I have ever gotten,Lucien,it's beautiful,thank you"and then she kissed my cheek making my face feel flushed.She took the flower in one hand before grabbing my other hand and intertwined our fingers before pulling me down the hall.
Darlene's p.o.v:
As I started pulling him down the staircase he pulled us to a holt and I turned around to meet his worried eyes."what if someone sees us,there gonna wonder how I got up there with you",I laughed and he looked at me like I was crazy,"Lucien,my mum never pays attention to me this early,she probably think I'm still sleeping,she is also probably getting everything set up,last hand work" I went to move us down the next stair again,but he looked worried still,so I gave him a reassuring squeeze on the hand before pulling us through the kitchen.where we dodged a 25 layered cake,went under a big piece of bread,two chefs were carrying,Jumped over traditional animals and went past millions of thousands of people,all for my birthday(crazy,right?).I took a glance at Lucien who looked awed at everyone and i started having a giggle fit at his face,he noticed me laughing and playfully hit my arm.I went to the sink and grabbed a small vase for my rose before filling it with water and placing it on the counter.Me and Lucien then went back upstairs into my room and my mum caught a glance at me and Lucien as we went to my room and she smiled at Lucien,which made him do the same and I then mouthed "going back upstairs" and pulled us up there.
Time skip(4 hours)
My mum walked through my door as me and Lucien where painting and told me it was time to come downstairs.