Chapter 2

Within three hours I made it to my destination. I was a day early, but this was the richer part of town, and I could hopefully make a couple of bucks. I set myself up and waited, talking to the passing people in hopes of making some more money.

A day later, I had made nothing. Snobby, rich people...

Today was the day I was leaving, and I was so happy. I brought my ticket to the booth, and they let me board the bus. After two hours, everybody was on. It was crowded and smelled like body odor.

The trip took a couple of days. Every couple of hours, it stopped to allow people to stretch their legs and get food.

I didn't eat much because I couldn't afford it, but some kind man sitting next to me noticed and bought me a sandwich.

I slept most of the trip, or at least, I tried. Like I said, it was crowded, and there were many crying children. Now, I couldn't be more excited. We were finally here: Michigan.

The bus came to a stop, and everyone piled out, grabbing their belongings. I tucked my small backpack to my chest. I followed the crowd off of the bus, bumping shoulders with people every now and then.

Eventually everybody went their own ways, and I was left standing in the middle of a new state with nowhere to go.

Knowing that I should apply for a job or jobs, I walked for three hours until I found a town with a laundromat. I washed all of my clothes several times, making sure to get out all stains and smells. Once they dried, I folded them and placed them in my bag.

I continued walking around town and stopped in a couple shops looking for job interviews. I found none. I groaned and ordered a small meal from the McDonald's that I was in.

The cashier rang up my meal, and I paid her the two dollars before I sat down to eat my meal.

Once I finished, I disposed of my trash and left the building, deciding that I would need to find somewhere to sleep tonight.

I scoured the town and eventually found a bench. I laid down and slowly drifted off on the stiff, uncomfortable, sidewalk bench.

Vic's POV

Wiping blood off my face, I tucked my gun into my pants. I ran a hand to through my hair and signaled for the guys with me to move out before cops showed.

"Hurry, guys. we gotta leave before cops show, and remember: leave no finger prints." I yelled, moving out of an old enemy's house.

The five of us ran out making sure all of our guns were hidden from the public eye.

"Let's go back to the hotel and wash up because some of us were a little sloppy with Andrew and his family," my brother said, directing his speech more at me than the other men with us.

Eventually we made it to our hotel and went to our separate rooms. I showered and decided I wanted to go for a walk.

I stopped at my brother's room and let him know I'm leaving. 

"Mike, I'm going out for a walk. Make sure the guys don't do anything stupid."

"Okay, you don't do anything stupid either; we leave at 4:00 A.M," he yelled through the door.

I mumbled in response and began walking down the stairs and out the front door. I walked through town, hearing the occasional car and siren. I walked downtown and stopped when I saw a beautiful young girl sleeping on a bench.

Smiling to myself, I placed a hand over her mouth and picked her up, taking her back to the hotel with me.

Placing her in my room, I took one of the chairs and placed her in it. I then took out some rope and tied her down, quickly frisking her to make sure she had no weapons and that she couldn't get out. Next, I placed one of my T-shirts in her mouth and tied it up so she couldn't speak.

I stripped to my boxers and random T-shirt. Slipping under the bed sheets, I fell into a deep sleep, until it was time to leave and go back to Mexico.