Chapter 21

{TRIGGER WARNING} (oops)

My breathing was starting to slow, but it was still shaky. My arms gripped my thighs as I stayed tightly curled into the corner. I heard footsteps walk away from the door, and relief surged through me, even though I was still scared out of my mind. I had been helping Otto wash the dishes after lunch, and the minute he had gone to get a new bottle of dishwasher soap, Mike had come into the kitchen. He just stood there for a moment, and I tried to ignore him, but he walked up to me and ran his hands across my ass. That's when I shoved him and dashed up to Vic's room. I pushed the chair against the door as fast as humanly possible because I knew Mike followed me. That was about ten minutes ago, and Mike had been pounding at the door up until now. I decided to get up now that he was gone, but I sure as hell wasn't going to leave this room. I felt a little bad about not helping Otto finish up the dishes, but he would understand when I explained this to him later. I should've known Mike would try something, regardless of whether or not Vic spoke to him. He had smacked my ass yesterday and tried to kiss me the day before, but luckily there were only two more days until Vic came back. I would just have to be even more careful to avoid Mike.

I spent most of the afternoon watching Cops, which was fine, but I didn't like to lounge around for long periods of time. I was the type of person that enjoyed being busy, but I didn't want to leave the room yet, so I decided to just do what I could in there. I made the bed, dusted the TV and dresser, cleaned the connected bathroom, and put all of the dirty laundry strewn across the room into a basket. I would run the laundry down to the washer later, when I knew it was safe to go out. Geoff was kind enough to come check up on me and bring me a snack, and in that time he promised he would let me know when Mike retired to his room for the night so that I could come out and hang with them. After cleaning up Vic's room, I lied back down on the bed. I pulled out my phone and hovered over Vic's contact, glancing at the clock. It was only four-thirty, and Vic usually called me a lot later, so I assumed he would be busy at this time. I sighed and set my phone down next to me, staring up at the ceiling. I missed him so much, and it was getting worse the closer it got to him being back. It's like he is so close, yet so far, and I just can't take it. I nearly told him I loved him over the phone the other night, and I completely panicked. I seriously needed to discuss our relationship with him, but until then, I could only hope he liked me as much as I did him.

Nearly three hours later, I was starving and desperately waiting for Geoff to come get me. It was just a moment later that my prayers were answered, and Geoff walked into the room.

"Alright, Mike went into his room, probably to jack off again," Geoff rolled his eyes, remembering when we could all hear Mike getting it on with himself during dinner. The thought made me want to gag, but I just nodded and followed Geoff downstairs. Awsten and Otto smiled at me as I entered the kitchen, and I gave them a small smile in return before heading over to the fridge. I grabbed the ingredients for a sandwich and hummed as I made myself dinner. The guys finished up their business and left to go back to their rooms, saying goodnight on their way out. As soon as they left, I decided I could sing aloud and no one would hear me. My voice filled the empty room with the lyrics to 'Fat Bottomed Girls' by Queen, shaking my hips as I spread mustard on the bread. I grabbed the ham, nearly tossing the package across the kitchen as I danced. Soon enough, I had finished the song, and my sandwich was ready. I began to dig in, still humming Queen songs. Trying not to choke from my personal concert I had given, I practically devoured the sandwich and went to clean off the plate. As I placed the plate in the cabinet, I turned around to find Mike in the doorway.

"I must say, you are quite the performer. Although, your voice is put to much better use in the bedroom," he said in an attempt to be seductive, giving me a pathetic wink. I had to hold back my dinner that was already wanting to come up and tried to go around him.