Chapter Twenty-Four

Though Harry and Lucy's kids on the way back to Kensington Palace slept, they continued to sleep as they were unloaded into the apartment. The bodyguards were long gone as each child was set into bed, never waking up for one moment. Each was to be passed out until the morning. Lucy and Harry were just as tired. Climbing up the stairs repeatedly did not help either of them. But as a parent, it was normal to be constantly tired.

The bed called to them after all the kids were in their own beds, but it couldn't be done just yet. Harry used the kids' shower as Lucy took over the master bedroom's bathroom. Harry pushed toys out of the way as he scrubbed his skin and shampooed his hair. Tiredness took him as he just stood under the cold water for ten minutes. Today had been a fun day but incredibly stressful. Perhaps theme parks didn't need to happen often.

After showering, Harry went back into his bedroom and changed. Coming out of their bathroom, Lucy was just in a towel too. Harry kept his eyes to changing with his back to her. His towel dropped to the ground and he grabbed some boxers. His back was still to her as he heard some rustling behind him. Thinking it was Lucy pulling out her own pajamas, Harry gave her privacy. When the rustling stopped, he turned to the bed.

Lucy was under the covers. Her hair was wet still. Her body glistened like she hadn't truly dried herself off. She was just under the covers. Harry watched her with an open mouth. He couldn't think of anything to say. Lucy watched him carefully.

"Um...." Harry tried to regather his thoughts. "You're getting all the covers wet."

Lucy's eyes narrowed on him slightly but she didn't make a comment. Enough of her face held a smile.

"Um... are you wearing any clothes?"

"It's too hot for clothes."

"You're under the covers."

Lucy knew she was beat. "I was never good at flirting."

"This is flirting."

Her hand ran over the blankets, inviting him under them.

"If it's so hot," Harry said, "shouldn't we be on top of them?"

Lucy smiled in amusement. "I like the way you think." Throwing off the covers, she laid on the bed fully exposed.

Harry's cheeks turned red. The red blushing wasn't just on his face, but it was on his chest, arms and neck. It moved around as he stared at his wife. It had been three years, and Lucy decided tonight. Perhaps it was because she thought was she dying or she might have actually been dying, but this was what Harry waited for. Sex and lust couldn't fix a relationship, both of them knew this, but perhaps it was a spark.

Since learning of Lucy's condition, they had been coming back together, because both of them realized just how much they loved each other. They needed each other and they wanted each other. There was a difference. They wanted each other for moments like this, to have fun and to be happy. They wanted each other so that their worlds were complete. They needed each other for their worlds to continue to rotate. They needed each other in their lives so that they might actually be human beings, so they can care for each other, so they can take on everything else.

Yes, this was the spark. Through the needing and wanting, this was just another way to bring them back together. It was meant to be Lucy and Harry against the world and everything evil. They couldn't do it alone.

Harry's blue eyes continued to take in Lucy. Every part of her was exposed as she gave herself to him. Though Harry had seen Lucy naked before, it had been a while since she laid herself out in front of him. It had been a while since she invited him to get closer. Scars marked her body, from every of her terrible moments, yet the scars made her who she was. Lucy wore them beautifully.

Hesitantly, Harry went over to the bed. Truthfully, he wasn't hesitant about anything with Lucy. He waited for her to say no. However, with every flick of her eye, she wanted him to come closer.

"Are you sure?" Harry asked, waiting beside the bed.

"Yes." Lucy curled her toes. "Are you sure?"

"Yes." He didn't hesitate. Climbing into bed, slowly his hands touched her body, but he didn't touch her anywhere too sensitive. He didn't want to do that quite yet. His lips touched hers, and there was the spark. He felt it. It pulsed through him, making him glow, and happiness build within him.

Lucy laughed as Harry got a little hungrier. His lips trailed along her neck, and Lucy's skin turned red too. His heart thundered but Lucy managed to stay completely calm. Her breath hadn't even changed. Her fingers trailed through his hair as his lips stayed on her neck. He came back to her lips. Giggles filled the room. Harry let out a throat chuckle. However, it might have been too loud.

Halting, it sounded like someone was outside the door, as if someone walked through the hallways. Immediately Harry's mind went to Freddie, who had been known to stop some fun in his time. Both were frozen in place, with Harry's naked body on Lucy's naked body.

"Did you lock the door?" Lucy whispered.

"No."

Her eyes grew angry.

"I didn't think we were doing this," Harry admitted quietly. "How was I supposed to know?"

"I guess you'll be having the talk tonight."

"You're not going to help me?"

"Nope."

"Thanks."

Both continued to stare at the door. There weren't any more movements outside, and the married couple tried not to think about a child of theirs coming in. That was something Harry didn't need in his life. After a moment of silence, Harry shimmied off the bed and ran over to the door, which he locked. Throwing a fist in the air, he turned back to his wife, who continued to lie on the bed.

"Please tell me that didn't kill the moment," he hoped.

"It might take a little longer, but I think we'll get there." Lucy tried to play coy, but she failed.

A smile spread across Harry's face again. Running over to the bed, Harry was going to show Lucy how much she truly meant.