Chapter Twenty-Nine

Harry's mind numbed as he tried to grasp at the words Siobhan said to him. Freddie stayed in the kitchen and ate cookies. Harry walked with Siobhan into the living room. From that room, Harry was able to see into the kitchen and Freddie watched out. Siobhan waited another second for the Duke of Windsor to turn to her.

"Speak," Harry demanded.

"Police officers arrived at the scene--"

"Is Lucy dead?"

Siobhan paused. "Um... your highness, we do not know. The police do not know-- I do not believe anyone knows."

"What does that mean?"

"Mum has been taken," Freddie said from the kitchen. He plopped another cookie in his mouth. "She's been abducted. They don't know if she's alive or dead because she isn't there."

"Who did it?" Harry demanded.

"We are unsure yet. We have CCTV cameras and police are looking through the video, as well private cameras and such. But it'll take time."

"Is it just police?" Freddie asked. "What about everyone else? Like MI-6 and MI-5? What about the media? Are we going to tell the world? Then the world can help. They'll find Mum."

Harry sighed. "We can't do that yet, Freddie."

"Why not?"

Ignoring his son, Harry turned back to Siobhan. "What about Tony? Where is he?"

Siobhan paused. "Mister Ackerly is dead. Shot twice, sir."

Blood rushed past Harry's ears. Lucy was gone; Tony was dead. He gave his life for her; technically his job but he actually did it. Lucy was gone-- where was she? Who had her? What did they do to her? Was she alive or dead?

"Shite," Harry mumbled.

What if she was dead? Was all of this for nothing? Harry hoped not. He had given his life for this woman, and would've continued to do so. Wherever she was, Harry wanted her back now. That was impossible, because they wouldn't be able to find her that quickly. Whoever had her were long gone. They took her, and perhaps they did kill her.

"Shit."

Harry realized someone died. His thoughts focused on Lucy but Tony; he was part of the family too. Tony was there with large moments in Harry and Lucy's lives and their children's lives. Then Tony had his own family. He had children and a wife. Those people lost a dad and a husband. Who was going to tell him? Who was going to be there for them?

"He'll need a good and honored funeral."

"He'll get it, your highness."

Pacing around the room, Harry glanced out the windows. The sun was on the horizon. The sky started to lighten. How long was she gone now? It was four or five hours. She was somewhere out there. "I want to see the video."

"Sir?"

"You said you had CCTV video, Siobhan. I want to see the video."

"Your highness, I don't think that's wise."

"I don't care. Let me see the Goddamn video!"

"Your highness, it'll take a few moments."

"Get it for me."

Siobhan nodded and dialed. Her heels clicked away. Watching her back, Harry tried desperately to listen to her words, but she whispered.

"Dad?" Freddie asked from the doorway.

Immediately Harry went over to him and bent down so that they were eye level. "Freddie, I'm sorry; I didn't mean to snap or... or... I'm sorry."

"You're under stress, Dad. I know." Freddie placed his hand on his dad's shoulder. "What about Henry and Louise and Beatrice and Emma? What are we going to tell them?"