Chapter Thirty-Six

Simon and Robert weren't just with him, but police officers came too. Harry didn't know much about the leader about the anti-monarchist leader besides all the hate he spewed. Television shows wanted him on all the time because he was known to say something drastic. Now Harry was meant to go face to face with him.

If Lucy was here, she would've done better at this. If Harry had been the one abducted, she would've marched straight up the anti-monarchist leader and wouldn't have hesitated. It was her personality to never be afraid of conflict. She also wouldn't have backed down until Harry was found. Harry wished to be like her, but he was unsure where to go or how to act.

Simon and Robert went over talking points with Harry. Harry had to try to keep this man on these talking points and only these talking points. This man didn't need any more information than he already had, no more fire power. Also, this man had no problem jerking anyone around. If he sensed something was off about Harry, the man would take him away.

The bodyguards went through the talking points with Harry over and over again, and it just made him more nervous. Harry feared if he fucked up, Lucy's dead body would be found instead of her alive. And Harry needed her to be alive. But if he screwed up, then what? Was Lucy to never be found?

Other angles were being worked to try to find her. CCTV cameras were being looked at. Cars were being traced. All persons of interests were being looked at. Though, if this man knew the faction that had Lucy, it was possible she could've been home by midday. At least that was Harry's hope, if she wasn't dead.

"Are you ready, your highness?" Simon asked.

No, but Harry stepped out of the vehicle anyway. Immediately police surrounded him as he was escorted inside. Thankfully no one was there to witness it. Wherever Harry had been taken, he was in an underground car park. Harry didn't recognize his surroundings in the slightest, as he was moved to the building. There were long, dark hallways that stretched and snaked, and Harry was suddenly in the labyrinth. These were the places you didn't talk about because they didn't exist. Lucy abduction apparently warranted one of these places.

"This way, your highness."

Harry followed.

Finally the group stopped outside a door, and the rules were repeated to him one last time. Harry nodded and said he understood. Vomit threatened to pour out of his mouth. Harry entered the room.

The anti-monarchist leader had made himself comfortable at the table. His feet were kicked up and his head rested. Eyes came to Harry as he entered, but the leader didn't move. He only said, "Holy shite. They brought me a prince."

Harry stood there. "Tell me where my wife is."

"Down to business." The leader's head rolled up and looked over the Duke of Windsor. "Ya must really love her, but what about your children? What will happen to them?"

"I'm doing this for my children."

"But not for your wife?"

There it was, Harry realized. "I'm doing this for my family." He needed to choose his words wisely. "Tell me where my wife is."

"I don't know where your wife is."

"But you know who took her."

"Maybe." The leader put his feet to the ground. "You're the highest royal I've ever talked to. Well, I mean, I've met other royals, said hello and how do you do, but I've never actually had a conversation. Look at us being all formal."

"I want to talk about my wife."

"Let's talk about it. Tell me, Henry, how did ya land a woman like that? Did she marry ya so she could become a princess? Somethin' like that? I don't think it's your personality. Perhaps she used ya for your body."