Chapter six

As I'm preparing for work, my phone rings. I smiled when I see Toby's name flash on the screen.

"Hey", I answered.

"Hey, hope you're ready because I'm picking you up today and I'm already in your drive way", he said and I heard the engine go off.

I started walking towards the door "you should have told me you were coming for me". I opened the door and we ended the call.

"Good morning Bay", he kissed me on the cheek. Didn't he say we were just getting to know one another.

"Good mor....", I covered my mouth with one hand and held my stomach with the other and ran towards my bathroom.

I puked in the sink while he held my hair up and rubbed my back.

Those vitamins the doctor gave me are not working.

"Can you wait for me in the living room?", he nodded and left.

I brushed my teeth again, did my hair, got my bag and files and headed towards the living room.

"Let's go or we'll be late for work" I said while putting on my watch.

"Are you okay to go to work?", he asked

"It's called morning sickness", I said with a little giggle. "Happens all the time". He nodded and looked at me as if I would break at any moment.

:::::::::
We were in the parking lot. I reached for the door nob and he pulled my hand away with force. "What was that for?", I shouted.

"I have to open the door for my lady, no matter where we are", he said locking our hands together.

He kissed my palm than got out of the car. He walked across to open my door for me and I thanked him.

The employees were looking at us as we crossed the lobby but I have gotten use to alot of eyes following me.

He stopped to talk to an employee and I continued to walk towards my office.

"You get sexier every single day sweetie", John said reaching for my hand but I pulled away and backed up.

"Leave me alone John", he didn't listen and stepped closer.

"You a.....",

"Get back to work Mr Joans", Toby said and John walked away immediately. I silently thanked Mr Williams and went to my office.

I walked into my office to find large banquets of flowers scattered all over my desk.

He has been sending me flowers every Thursday, for a month and a week now.

I smelt the flowers and smiled. The card said :

To: The woman that I can't seem to get out my head".

From: The luckiest guy in the world.

I put the card down and left my office to thank him.

I knocked on the door and he said "come in". I opened the door and his head was down looking into some files.

He looked up at me and totally freaked out like he saw a ghost.

"What's wrong?", I asked with worry in my tone because I was starting to get scared.

He got up from his chair and walked towards me. He held both my hands apart and smiled  "your showing!" he said looking at my stomach.

I removed my hands from his grip and walked towards the mirror on the wall.

I looked at my reflection from my side view and touch my stomach. "I can't believe I didn't notice that this morning".

No wonder I got extra stares today.

He hugged me from behind with his hand laying on mine which was touching my stomach.

I layed my head back, on his shoulder and he leaned his head on mine.

"I can't believe this is actually happening", I whispered in his ear.

"We'll get through this together", and he kissed my cheek.

::::::::::
Four o'clock came and my shift was finally over.

I walked out of the hotel looking for my car and that's when I remembered, I got a ride from Toby.

I walked back into the hotel and went straight to his office. I knocked and no answer but I went in anyway because I was feeling really tired.

He was on the phone and he signals me to sit on the sofa.

"Im sorry but this might take awhile", he said with his mouth away from the phone.

"I'll just lay here until your done", I said stretching my body on the sofa.

He smiled and went back to his phone call.

I layed there comfortably and my eyes became heavy.

I fell asleep.