Chapter twenty-five

Toby POV

"I was going to ask you to marry me on our anniversary", I said looking at the gold box that I held in my hands. I looked up at her and saw her with tears rushing down her cheeks. I can't believe I'm in love with this amazing and beautiful woman. Right now I just feel like my heart is breaking into a thousand pieces and it's really disappointing me.

"Please don't!", she said covering her eyes.

"You don't have to worry about that anymore. I can't marry a woman like you!! I can't spent the rest of my life with a woman who doesn't believe or trust any of the words that comes out of my mouth", I said with anger in my tune then left the box with the ring on the counter, walked towards her and stood inches in front of her. I looked her in her watery eyes and my heart scattered into a million more pieces to see her so hurt. I bent down to her level, held her cheeks and gave her a passionate kiss on the lips and I'm not surprised that she kissed me back. I ended the kiss but my hand stayed on her cheeks as I looked into her lovely dark brown eyes, those eyes that I fell deeply in love with. I moved my hand from her face, the face I was suppose to wake up to every morning.

"After all we've been through together, I ...............mmmm you know what -a - never mind. Just Let me know when you're leaving. I don't want to hear anything else", I said walking towards the bedroom, leaving her standing there so I didn't have to see the hurt in her eyes because of the roughness in my voice.

I walked into my room with a drunken feeling even though I haven't had an alcohol drink in months. I sat on the bed and removed my tie to lessen the weight on my body. I look to the right side of the room and saw Tracey's crib. I walked towards it and rested my palms on the bars. Looking down in the crib, I remember the time that we first bought it. It's supposed to be a happy memory that lasted a lifetime but now its only a memory that brings tears in my eyes. I went on my knees in front of the crib and just cried my heart out.

I love Tracey so much that sometimes I forget she's not mine.

I heard the door open and when I turned around I saw Bay standing in the door way. I stood up on my feet and walked towards the bathroom, not wanting to talk to her anymore.

I brushed my teeth and got dressed for bed after  I took a nice long shower, trying to wash away some thoughts but it didn't work.

I don't even know why I thought that stupid idea would work.

When I walked into the bedroom, I saw her throwing her and Tracey's things into a big suitcase. I guess she heard when I entered the room because she took a glance at me then went back to what she was doing. Her eyes looked as red as fire but I didn't care. I walked out of the room and went to the kitchen to get something to eat and after I was done eating, I went into the fifth bedroom to sleep because I didn't want to lay on our bed tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I probably only had two hours of sleep last night because I was up all night thinking about what Bay had said. I realized that she is only doing this to protect Tracey and now I feel bad because of the way I responded to her. I decided that I am going to give her space until the investigation is over because I know I'm innocent.

"A couple of weeks won't hurt", I said trying to convince myself that me and Bay's relationship is going to be fine after all this craziness is over.

I walked out to the living room and saw her rolling two suit cases out the door. I heard Tracey crying and followed where the noise was coming from. I found Glen rocking her in the dinning room, trying to get her to stop crying. I walked up to Glen and took Tracey from her without asking permission. As soon as I held her in my arms she immediately stop crying and it brought warmth to my heart.