Chapter fourteen

I ran to my car as fast as I can with tears flowing down my cheeks, not even looking back.

I got in my car and sobbed loudly. It felt like my insides were breaking apart because the man that I love just called me a slut.

I looked up and he was standing by his door approaching the car. I started my engine and backed out of his drive way before he can get to the car.

I just need to go as far away from him as I can.

I drove to the park and sat on the bench. I watched the kids in the playground.

There was a beautiful little girl that got my attention. She looked so sweet. She was playing in the sand kit with a bucket and shovel, building a sand castle when a little boy grabbed her shovel and threw sand in her hair. As soon as she started crying, a man ran to her side. He said something to the little boy which caused him to run away. He shook some sand out of her hair, picked her up and walked away.

It just made me sad because I know that my daughter won't have a father to protect her and I would have to play both roles.

I got in my car and just sat there staring into space for more than an hour.

:::::::::::
When I got home, I took a nice long shower and layed on my bed staring at the ceiling.

My phone ringed and I reached for it and Toby's name appeared on the screen.

I let it go to voicemail and the memory of him calling me names came back and I started crying.

I took my phone and called Glen because I needed to tell her what happened.

"Hey girl", she answered excitedly.

"Toby called me a slut today", I said in a crying tone.

"That boy has no idea what he just got his self into", she said than hung up in my face.

I tried calling her back multiple times but it kept going straight to voicemail.

Toby POV

When I started to sober up, I had a headache and my body was in so much pain, it's like a piece of me was gone. I really messed up and I hurt Bay.

I actually really don't care who he is because I'm the father of that baby. I can't believe I was so stupid.

When I started sobering up, I got up off the sofa and went for my liquor cabinet. I looked at all my liquor and shook my head.

Alcohol is what got me into this mess in the first place. I need to make things right.

I grabbed bottle after bottle and empty it out in the sink until I had no more liquor left.

I layed on my sofa staring at the ceiling.  I'm now noticing how much I'm in love with Bay. I guess it's true when people say you never know what you have until it's gone.

My door bell rang and I got up to answer the door, not even caring how I looked right now.

I opened the door and Glen barges in like she owns the place.

"Why do you look like such a mess", she said giggling non-stop.

"Are you drunk?", I asked because she looked pretty drunk to me.

"Do you know that I can kill you right now with my bare hands!!! Nobody messes with my best friend", she said while hitting my chect hard with her finger.

She's already been through alot and im trying so hard to protect her.... That sometimes.... I cant even tell her the good things going on in my life because I know she's sad", she said shouting and tears flowing down her cheeks.

"I thought when she started dating you that maybe..... Just maybe she'd be happy but you only made things worse", she said shaking her head and looking at me with anger.

"I didn't mean to hurt her feelings, the words just cake out. I ca......" I was saying but she cut me off.

"Bay got rape!", she said with her lips shivering.

I covered my face with one hand and lowered my head because I felt even more guilty for what I said to Bay.

I heard Glen's foot steps and than the door slammed loudly.

What I'm feeling right now is the guilt I felt when my dad died.