Chapter twenty-six

The above picture is how I imagined the John Johnson character would look like.

~~~~~~~~~~
Toby POV

I went to John's house with Tim and Jim because I was ready to beat the hell out of him for touching my woman, but he was nowhere to be found. We even tried tracking his phone down and still nothing. Tim suggested that we check at the police station so here I am walking into the station with Tim and Jim walking behind me.

As I was walking I saw Bay coming out of Olivia's office. She was walking fast with her head down and was heading towards me. When she reached infront of  me, I held both sides of her shoulders to stop her from walking any further.

"What's.......", I was about to ask a question but than she cut me off.

"I just w-want to be alone right now", she said stuttering and walking pass me, pushing me out of her way.

I can see that she was crying because her eyes were really red and her nose was running a little.

Now I was even more angry. I walked into Olivia's office without knocking and I saw her setting up some files.

"I need to talk to John!", I said raising my voice and getting her attention.

"Well that's if he would want to talk to you", she said reaching out for the phone and dialing a number.

"Toby Williams would like to speak to John Johnson", she said to the person on the other line and I just starred because I could not hear what the person was telling her.

"Follow me", she said hanging up the call and walking out the door.

She carried me into a white room and told me to sit by the desk in the middle of the room and wait.

"You can't touch each other or come near him. We will be monitoring you there", she said pointing to a black glass on the wall.

I sat down and Olivia left the room. A police officer walked in with John, who had chains in his hands and feet. John sat on the chair across from me and the officer left the room.

"I'm surprised you took so long", he said smiling.

"Why the hell would you do something like that to Bay?", I asked getting straight to the point in a angry tune but still tried to control myself.

"I was attracted to her and she wasn't giving me a chance", he said while still smiling and than leaned back on his chair.

"I want to slap away that smile on his face", I thought than looked at the glass and remembered that we were being watched.

"That doesn't mean you had to rape her and get her pregnant", I said looking straight at him.

"Oh no no no.........that baby was a mistake", he said.

"Don't you ever call her a mistake again", I said pointing at him with anger.

"No matter how much you try to be her dad, she's still my daughter", he said.

"Any man can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a dad", I said.

"She's turned you into a punk already. Where is my big brother that......", he was saying but i cut him off.

"Where the hell did you get that horrible information from? I am not your brother!", I said raising my voice and slamming my hands on the desk.

"My mom was a waitress at one of your father's restaurants. He and my mom dated for months and as soon as she told him she was pregnant, he said that he was a married man with a son. My mom quit her job and moved to another state to start over. She raised me all on her own. When I heard that you were taking over the hotel, I wanted to meet you. So I sent an application and I was qualified for the job but I knew from the moment you laid eyes on me, you knew that me and you had a connection and you hated me for it, because you couldn't find what that connection was. Like seriously, look at us..... we have the same complexion and our eyes are identical. Me and Ashley have the same cheek bones and lips. From the beginning, all I wanted to do was get to know you and Ashley. I wanted that sibling bond that I never had but all you ever did was treat me like garbage. Yes, I know I messed up with Bay.... I was drunk that night and had no control over my body. I didn't expect the two of you to end of together.", he said explaining everything.

"Well because of all this drama that you started, the love of my life doesn't want to be around me", I said but this time when I talked to him I wasn't angry. I feel like I just needed to hear his part of the story. But he raped Bay and I don't think I can ever forgive him for that.

I got up and I left the room with my thoughts running all over the place in my head.

Bay POV

When I got to my car with tears in my eyes, I realized that I forgot the car keys in Olivia's office. I slammed my hand on the car and leaned my head back on the window, looking up at the sky. Today is just not my day. When I walked back inside of the police station people were looking at me, I know they're starring because I look ugly when I cry but right now I can care less of what they thought of me because I have more important things to worry about.

Olivia was not in her office so I went to the front desk and they leaded me to her. When I got there, I stood by the door and she gave me a hand signal telling me to come in. When I got in I saw Toby talking to John, so I stood beside Olivia and listened to their conversation.

I didn't trust Toby and now I feel horrible.

When Toby walked out, we just starred into each others eyes. I was the one to take the first step towards him and he minimized the gap that was between us. We hugged each other and he held onto me tight as if he was afraid to let me go. I loosened the hug and looked at him.

"I'm sooo sorry Toby.....I should have believed and trusted you", I said while more tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Don't be sorry. You were just doing it to protect Tracey", he said rubbing my hand.

"But I should have known it was him", I said shacking my head.

"It's okay if you don't know everything", he said than gave me a light kiss on the forehead.

"Are we still a couple", I asked trying to get the answer to the question that was bothering me for two weeks now.

"I love you so much that I would never let you go, no matter what situation it is", he said and I felt like my life was falling back into the right place again.

I always told myself that I would never fall for a guy like Toby, but God had something else planned for me.